Chapter Seven

"How was it?" my roommate questioned me.

I sighed deeply. I was somehow still exhausted and I had a looming hangover that threatened to immobilize me at any given moment. "It was great. Perfect almost."

She smirked at me knowing I was keeping back details. Before she had a chance to prod any further I gathered my belongings and made my way to my bedroom calling over my shoulder that I'd fill her in later.

I laid in bed for what seemed like hours going over the events of the previous night in my head. I smiled as I recalled his persistence at getting my number before he dropped me off. I was never really one for giving my number out, in fact, I did exactly the opposite. I'd always get the guy's number. That way I could make the choice on whether or not I wanted to see them again, leaving nothing to chance. But I had already made the choice on the drive home that I did want him to contact me. If he didn't text, then the answer was simple. He wasn't interested in much more than a one night stand. In all honesty, from all that I'd heard about him in the bar, I didn't even expect to get a call or text from him.

***

"Steph. Steph. Wake up!!"

I grumbled and rolled over, pulling the pillow over my head to block out the annoying voice.

"Hey!!" She screamed a last time before pulling the pillow from my arms.

I shot up in bed and rubbed my eyes angrily. "What?" I whined, hoping she had something important to say so I could get back to sleep as soon as possible. Sometimes my roommate could be the worst.

"Your phone has been going off nonstop for an hour now!" She screeched loud enough for the entire neighbourhood to hear.

"Yeah so?" I mumbled sleepily.

"It's Derrick.."

"What, why were you reading my texts?" I asked, immediately on the defence.