Chapter Three

I strutted with purpose.

Cassie and Sophie in tow, not so easily keeping up with my long strides.

"Girl, slow down! They're gonna think you've come to bomb the damn place or something!" Sophie laughed, trying to match my pace but failing greatly.

"Sorry hun, it's just been awhile ya know?" I asked, looking up at the bar smiling brightly.

"Of course sweetie." Sophie replied.

I remember months ago when I first walked into this bar. It instantly became my bar. I owned this fucking place. I got to do what I wanted, how I wanted and still had my drinks paid for, door fee covered, and ride home arranged. Sometimes I even had enough drinks in me to try and pick a guy up. Those were the times you should have seen!

I was wild.

A real firecracker.

Nothing and no one could stop me.

But times had changed. I moved on from all that after Braydon. I got a job, stopped the one night stand nonsense and moved on with my life.

Now him and I are done.

Finished.

"So I'm going to pick up the sexiest man in this bar tonight!" I giggled, poking first Sophie then Cassie in the ribs before running up to the doors.

"Not if I have anything to do with it!!" Screamed Cassie, chasing me to the stairs.

***

Sophie was the last one to meet us at back bar, therefore making her the one to pay for the first round.

I took initiative, as per always, and ordered our drinks.

"Three bud light, three pornstar shots, two tequila shots dry, and one fuzzy navel." I yelled over the pumping music to Josephine, the bartender.

I leaned back, observing the crowd that filled the bar tonight.

As I assessed my surroundings, I saw a few decent men. Mostly older men with grey hair and a build that would make you think they were younger than their ID's claimed.

After easily downing my two shots, I grabbed my beer and dragged the two girls out onto the dance floor. By the time 'I Don't Care' by Icona Pop came on, I was on fire. Grinding on Sophie with my ass plastered against her as if it were glued there. I got many snark remarks from other women in the bar, but hey,- I don't care! I love it!

Finally, we decided to take a smoke break. Cassie had to pee and dragged Sophie with her, so I decided to make my way to back bar again and pay for the third round before heading downstairs.

Just as I reached back bar, I noticed him.

He was certainly not tall, but not too short either. He had to be at least 5'8. He had his arms crossed over his chest in a laid back manner. His dark hair fell lightly over his breathtaking chocolate brown eyes.

He saw me ogling him and as I silently cursed myself for checking him out so openly.

Just as I decided to turn away, I saw him smirk. His cocky, sarcastic smile reaching his eyes and making them sparkle in the dark club.

Flipping my long blonde hair over my shoulder, I walked the length of the bar willing myself to get away from his intense stare which happened to make me feel slightly hot and uncomfortable. Just as I was about to announce my presence to the bartender, I felt a hand on my arm.