Chapter Six

Once upstairs, I decided it would be appropriate to sit and sulk. Apparently Derrick was having none of it though as he dragged me back onto the dance floor. I half heartedly danced with him, hoping he wouldn't take notice, but as unfortunately observant as he was, he did.

"What's wrong?" he said whilst pulling away from me and holding me at arms length.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. What did he have to hold onto me for? If I was going to make a run for it, I would have done so already.

"Well aside from the obvious?" I pointed out sarcastically.

He just simply nodded his head.

I frowned. Knowing damn well he was expecting an explanation. And well me, being the painfully truthful woman I am, I gave it to him.

"I don't know if I can have sex with you now. I mean, you just ended things with Cassie and I'm not one to be toying around with my friends former fuck buddies or whatever."

His expression was unreadable in the darkness of the club, but his words said more than I needed to know.

"Firstly." he started, "I didn't even sleep with Cassie. The furthest we went was sharing a first kiss. It didn't even progress to a second considering how big of a prudish psycho she is."

I ground my teeth in annoyance.

"Well you-"

He interrupted by inching closer to me, with his arms around my waist and his lips brushing my ear, he continued.

"And who said that we would be sleeping together anyways?"

***

I sighed contentedly as he wrapped his large muscular arms around me. I couldn't really describe the feeling I had while around him, but it brought me much comfort in knowing that the feeling was mutual.

He ran his fingers lightly through my hair causing me to shiver involuntarily as I carefully leaned back into his embrace.

"What happened to us not sleeping together?" I murmured while smirking up at him.

He answered my question with a smile, the corner of his eyes crinkling as he did so. "You can't plan everything Stephanie Summers."

I snuggled closer into his chest and let sleep overtake me.