Parachutes: High Speed

A/N Hey there reader! Thanks for reading this. In this chapter some of the characters makes some bad and dangerous choices. I don't endorse or support these choices such as inappropriate drug use or drinking to get drunk etc. It's very real that people make various poor choices all the time, every day (myself included!) and I wanted to write something real. This is a wild one so I hope you enjoy.

......

Phil's POV

*ring ring *ring ring

Come on Jonny pick up the bloody phone.

*ring ring *ring ring

"Hello" Jonny answers and he sounds pretty groggy.

"Hey Jonny sorry to wake you man."

"It's ok Phil. What's up?"

"Well uhh.." crap I can't tell him what's going on but I need his help.

"Phil?"

"Uh yea, sorry Jon. Uhm do you have the supplies to make pancakes at your flat?"

"Pancakes? What? Let me check."
I can hear Jon shuffling out of bed. He let out a loud groan and started walking to the kitchen. I hear him checking the fridge and he checks the cupboards. Then he slams one.

"Shhhh Jonny don't wake Chris I want to surprise him."

"Sorry bloody thing closes on it's own sometimes. What's wrong?"

"What do you mean what's wrong."

"You want to make Chris pancakes, something must be wrong."

"Jonny I... uh... just have some important band things to go over after meeting with Dan and I want Chris on his best form which means..."

"Pancakes" we say in unison and chuckle a little.

"Ok well looks like we have everything and just enough flour for all of us to have some. Shall I make some eggs and sausage?"

"Jonny's famous eggs? Heck yes!"

"All I do is add a little thyme and paprika. You think I was Harry Potter and my eggs are magic."

"It's the love Jon, we can taste the love."

"That's odd because I hate everyone of you."

"We love you too Jonny you're just sleepy."

"Mhmm... when are you coming round?"

"5 minutes"

".....*breathing" I can't believe it Jonny fell asleep while talking to me

"JONNY WAKE UP!" I shouted.

"Huh? Yea I'm up. Sorry  Phil I'll put the kettle on."

"Cheers mate bye"

*yawns bye Phil."

What am gonna do? No amount of pancakes in the world could prepare Chris for what's coming. I  was staying at Will's flat this time (per his request). I know now that he had me stay with him so that as the bands manager and Chris' oldest friend  I could be warned about what was coming at our band meeting today. Also Will and I get on very well and had fun kicking round a football last night while drinking. But morning brought a new set of trouble when Guy and Will sat me down and told me everything. They told me how Guy slept with the girl Chris fancied and how she is now pregnant with his child and the girl is in love with Chris. This is the kind of horse $#!! that breaks up bands. This band can't break up. At least not before they really got going. We just started really playing gigs and getting our sound down. Not to mention the festival at the end of the term. We're freaking headlining. Which reminds me I better make these pancakes fast I have a meeting to get to with the coolest pastor I've ever met in all my days to talk music. God! Please somehow let this work. I know we don't talk much and I'm sorry about that but please mate, let 'this band and our friendships be ok, let Chris be ok. Amen I finish my thoughts and random prayer and turn up at Chris' and Jon's flat. I tell myself one thing DON'T YOU FREAKIN TELL JONNY ANYTHING! Because I know he'll tell Chris immediately. Jonny has a hard time with keeping things from Chris. They just go well together and part of that is their openness with each other. He'll keep secrets when necessary but if it's too big he'll spill it the second he sees  Chris. So yea don't tell Jonny Phil.