|| Chapter 7 || Island In The Sky

"So how do you usually get back to the sky?" (Y/n) skipped ahead of Link, staring at the sky above them as he followed after her.

Link stopped, smiling," my loftwing of course."

"Loftwing...?" (Y/n) raised an eyebrow, stopping as well and turning to the boy," what's a loftwing?"

"You'll see," Link moved his fingers to his lips, whistling. (Y/n) watched, her hands cupped in front of her as she waited patiently for something to happen yet, at first, nothing did.

Before she could open her mouth to say something, a loud 'squawk' filled the air, causing the female to jump a bit as a giant red bird suddenly landed between the two. The bird flapped its wings a few times, causing a powerful breeze of wind, before landing on the ground and shaking its head. 

"This is a loftwing," Link explained, walking over to the bird and genitally petting it as it hummed at his touch. 

"Wow~ He's so cute~" (Y/n) walked over to the bird, reaching her hand out to it. The loftwing looked to her, titling his head before quickly rubbing against her hand causing her to giggle.

"He likes you," Link commented as (Y/n) smiled.

"Does everyone back at your home have loftwings?" She asked as Link nodded, climbing onto his loftwing's back. (Y/n) looked to him, blinking," you ride them?"

"Of course. That's how everyone gets around Skyloft. Now come on, the faster we can find Zelda, the better," Link offered a hand to her as she hesitated for a moment before taking it. Link easily pulled her onto the loftwing as she sat behind him looking a bit scared.

"You might want to hold on," he suggested as (Y/n) looked to him, wide eyed.

"What-" Before she could finish, the loftwing took off into the air causing her to scream, grabbing onto Link waists as his cheeks lit up but not that (Y/n) could see. She buried her head in his back, closing her eyes tightly as she was much too scared to open them. 

Soon the loftwing was flying in the air towards Skyloft slower and in a more straight line. Link looked back at (Y/n), smiling," you can open your eyes. Its not as scary now."

Slowly, she opened her eyes and looked around, amazed. Never in her life had she seen the sky up so close to her. She felt like she could just reach out and touch the clouds which she most likely could. In the distance, she could even see lots of floating islands as well. On one island, she could see homes and a giant statue of a goddess," I've never seen anything like this before. Its beautiful!"

Link looked back at her in the coner of his eyes, smiling a bit," I knew you'd like it."

~~~Time Skip/Your P.O.V~~~

The loftwing landed on the biggest island next to a large statue of a goddess. The place looked very old but like it was well taken care of. There were a few trees and flowers, however, not as many as back home.

"So you live on this island?" I asked, getting off the loftwing as Link did the same.

"Yep. This is home."

"And are the people here happy?" 

"From the looks, yes, they are."

'Hylia would be happy then,' I thought to myself with a smile.

"I just need to put this tablet inside the statue and then we can go find Zelda," Link informed me, walking inside the statue as I turned, following quickly after him.

Inside was dark as there were only a few torches to light it up. It was a large room with a sword pedestal in the center and another piece of tablet set on the far side of the room. The only difference in the pieces were their shapes and the fact that the other one had a green stone not red.