The Move

Okay so I have never written a hijack story before so go easy on me lol.

Jack's POV:

I step back to take a final glance of the house I have called home for 16 years. I take in the slanted rooftops and remember my first kiss. I look at the top attic window and remember the times I use to play up there as a boy. I look at my bedroom window and remember thats the place where I cried myself to sleep over Matthew and Emily the two people I have loved and been hurt by.

"Jack? It's time to go.." my mother says as she gets in the car where my sister is waiting.

"Coming mom, just give me a second." She gives me a nod from inside the car and I go to the weeping willow behind my house, where my dad's buried.

I walk up to his grave and sit on my heels. I push my white hair out of my eyes as I silently laugh at the memory of my father's face when he saw that I dyed my hair white. It was hilarious.

I stop laughing as I remember him in his casket, cold and lifeless. I loved my father very much. I miss him.

"Hey Dad. I gonna miss you. Today's the day ya know, the day we leave. I just wanted to come and say goodbye. I love you dad, I miss you." I lay my hand on the soft grass at his grave as a tear rolls down my face.

I get up and leave, hoping into the car and putting my headphones in. I turn my music all the way up, blasting it into my ears. Listening to music helps drown out everything else.

I watch out the window as the town I have called home for so many years passes by in a blur.