Chapter 12

Ghast watched the area from above, keeping a watch out for players. Night was almost over, the others would be returning soon. Wither flew up next to her.
"Do you...see anything...yet?"
"No. The witch still has not finished?"
"No."
Ghast sighed loudly. "Poor Ender. He did not do anything wrong."
"No...he...didn't."
"It is not like he attacked Notch or anything. He would not do that."
"Unless...something...provoked him."
Ghast shook her head. "He is a sweet boy. I do not know what Notch has against him."
Wither shrugged and turned to watch the sun rise. Ghast flew back down to earth and rested in the snow. The old door on the witch's hut creaked open and Wicana poked her head out.
"Well, I've done what I can." She looked around. "Of course the others care so dearly about their friend that they'd stay and wait for him." She snapped sarcastically. "I will warn you, however, his tolerance levels are extremely low. I would not recommend making eye contact." She stepped aside from the door.
Ender walked out, his purple eyes glowing aggressively. "How long am I going to be like this again?"
"At least a few days." The witch kept her eyes averted from Ender's steely glare.
"Thank you for your help." He teleported down to where Ghast was.
The pale girl kept her face down. "Wither will be happy to see you are okay."
"Thanks for waiting, Ghast." He smiled weakly.
She nodded and floated back up. "I suppose you understand why the others left?"
"They've got jobs to do."
"They should be back shortly."
Ender nodded. Wither drifted down from the sky.
"I saw...Spider on her way...down here." She spoke. "And the others...were close...behind her."
Ender glanced up and all three of Wither's heads looked away. He sighed and rubbed his eyes.
"I wonder who's gonna be stupid enough to look at me?"
"I would place my money on Cave." Ghast smiled.
"More than likely...it will be...Creep." Wither retorted.
Ender chuckled darkly. "Or both."