-2-

The group of guys laughed as Monte got shut down by this girl. He came walking back over to them mad as hell.

"Man, that bitch was wildin'. She wasn't even that cute to be that stuffy."

They all looked at him, "Fool, she was bad as hell." Jay said seriously.

"Jay, shut your thirsty ass up."

"I'm thirsty, but you went over there with your weak ass game."

"My game ain't weak, whore. She was just too old for me."

"What type of shit is that?" Jerome said laughing.

"This nigga dumb."

"Alright y'all, whatever. I'm out of here. Stay safe." Jay gave them all a bro hug and got into his own car to go about his business.

It was a cool Friday night, Jay wasn't into all the gangs and drug dealings his boys were into. He only hung around them because this is who he grew up with. These are most of the friends he had.

Who said you and your friends have to be into all of the same things?

Beyoncé unlocked her door and went straight to the kitchen. All she wanted was a glass or ten of wine.

The stress of the week needs to be washed away.

She loved this time alone sometimes. Every other weekend she had a free house. Most times at least.

She poured a glass and brought the bottle with her into the living room so she could watch tv.

She needed to catch up on her shows. Love and Hip Hop, Little Women: Atlanta, and Being Mary Jane. Hell, she had all night.

About halfway through Love and Hip Hop her phone rang. She paused it and answered.

"Hello?"

"Ayo, where Blake at?" Michael asked like he had an attitude or something.

She frowned. "He's with Andre."

"Why the fuck? Is this not my weekend to pick him up?"

"Did I not call you?"

"Do you not see I called you from a different number?"

"Do you not see what time it is? If you really wanted to get him you would've found a way to call earlier."

"Bey, I ain't call to fucking argue with you."

"Then get off of my fucking phone."

"Bet." He said before hanging up.

Bey shook her head. How did she get involved with such an idiot? It was her fault, she decided to lay down with his dumb ass and she was definitely paying the price.

They went back and forth on the regular, it was exhausting.

She shook it off and pressed play and poured her another glass full.

The next morning, Jay woke up in his spacious bed alone... like usual.

He didn't mind being alone at times, but other times it was exhausting. After stretching his body out, he decided it was time to get up.

He went in the bathroom and started his shower.

When he was finished washing up and stuff, he got dressed in his work clothes. Although he had a good job, he still had the tendency to dress like a hood boy. Wearing designer belts, snapbacks, skullies, and things of that nature.

He made good money, he could buy all the material things he wanted. That's his business.

He decided to get some extra hours by working on a Saturday.

Not like he had plans anyway.

He made some oatmeal and cinnamon swirl toast and ate while watching the news.

Well the news was on, but he was more invested in checking his phone.

Him and his friends were in a group message and he was catching up on what he missed since he fell asleep fairly early.

Jay was a different breed. The way he looked and carried himself, you would assume he was a bad person.

Well not bad, but different from what he actually is. He fits the drug dealer stereotype, but it's so far from his actual personality.

Jay had a tough time growing up, most of his family was killed in hood related shootings. His dad, his uncles, his cousins. From that time forward, he vowed never to be involved with any of that.

All he had left was his mother.

When he finished eating, he turned everything off and locked the door on his way out.

The ride to Downtown Baltimore was kind of long considering he lived in the county. But, it was no shame in his game.

He moved the first chance he got, he had to get away from the bad influences. He needed a place to bring his boys to get away from the madness too.

Jay was such a thoughtful person. He always wanted to help somebody else.

Women made passes at him often, sometimes he would indulge , but mostly not.

He had his heart broken before and refused to let it happen ever again. He wouldn't say he was looking for love right now...

Companionship wouldn't be so bad though.

He pulled into the parking garage and got his pass before finding a parking spot.

After circling around, he finally found a spot on the 3rd floor.

He got out and made his way to his office.

"Mr. Carter," he heard as soon as he stepped into the building.

"Ayeee. How you doing, Tyran?" He shook his co-worker's hand and kept moving.

This would probably be his only friend outside of the hood. They had such similar stories it was crazy.

"The game." He simply stated walking beside him.

"That was bull and you know it." Jay chuckled. 

He was a cowboys fan and they had just lost.

"Whatever, the Giants going to take the whole thing. You'll see."

Jay shook his head and they went their separate ways.

He plopped down in his office chair and opened his laptop to get to work.

He worked as an accountant. Ever since he was in high school, he loved math and numbers.

But sometimes his job could be very boring. Somedays he didn't have anything to do because he finished too fast or something.

He could tell already that it was going to be a slow day.