-3-

Monday,

I sat at the table waiting for the kids to come back

I sat at the table waiting for the kids to come back. They were looking at the Shake Shack t-shirts in the front of the store.

Today was a professional development day or something so I stayed home with the kids. I had no other option, no one could watch them.

I decided it would be nice to go out for lunch. We just came back from getting my hair done, they were well behaved so now they get rewarded.

A guy walked in and he looked familiar, I just couldn't put my finger on who he was.

He had on a black long sleeve button down with a black tie and an all black Gucci belt. He looked aiiiiiight.

He started to get in line, but stopped to talk to my kids. My first instinct was to hop up and walk over to them, "Man, your shoes are dope." He said admiring the patent leather retro 4s on Blake's feet.

"Thank you!" He smiled.

"And aren't you pretty? I like your curls." The guy said looking at Brit.

Britain smiled, making me smile. "Thank you, Mister."

"Yeah. Thank you, mister." I said looking up at him.

He smiled looking at me. "You're very welcome sweetheart."

"sweetheart" that's when I remembered where I saw him before. Outside of the liquor store the other day.

I slowly frowned. "Come on, y'all."

"Wait wait wait, wassup? Is it something I said?"

"I saw you before... and I think it's best if you just stay away from me."

I didn't know him, but most of those guys around there are no good. And even if he is 'good', he's still guilty by association.

"Why? I'm actually trying to get to know you, you want to chill with me sometime?"

"Clearly, I've done enough 'chilling' so if you'll excuse me, we'll be going."

"Hold on for a minute, ma. Damn."

"No, I'm okay."

"Look, my name is Jay and I ain't like these dudes from around here. Don't be scared."

"Scared?" I scoffed. "Yeah, you have a good one."

I guided the kids to our table and waited for our food to be done.

"Mommy, he's nice! He like my shoes." Blake said.