-8-

We've been going lunch everyday for the past 3 weeks. I be trying to press down, but she lowkey be curving me.

She's closed off, but I think I'm getting somewhere. Right now, we're eating in my office. I told her I could cook and she didn't believe me. I made some gumbo last night and brought us both some.

It was her idea to come here though.

"It's good, ain't it?" I asked smiling.

"Yeah, it's okay."

"Okay?"

"Yeah," she laughed. "It's not better than mine, but that's alright."

"How about you make yours for dinner? I could come over or something. It's Friday, aren't the kids leaving?"

She thought for a moment and nodded. "Yeah I could do that. You won't be able to handle it though, I like it spicy."

"Pshhh. I can handle it."

"We'll see."

She finished her bowl of gumbo and stood. "Thanks for lunch, I have to get back to work."

"What time you want me to come over?" I asked.

"8, the kids should be gone by then."

I looked at the clock and it was 7:20. "Aight just text me the address."

"Okay, bye." She hung up and right after she sent me her location.

I took a quick shower and put on some light ripped jeans, a grey v-neck, and some all white retro 1s. I brushed my hair and threw on a hoodie before leaving out.

It's now 7:52, perfect timing if you ask me.

I pulled up to her house 15 minutes later and sent her a text saying I was outside. I saw the door open and she stepped out a little.

I hopped out and went up the steps to her porch. "Wassup?" I greeted, bringing her into a hug.

"Hey."

She let me in and I shut the door behind me. "Damn! It smells good in here!"

"Doesn't it?"

I followed her to the kitchen and she stirred it up in the pot. "Shit." I mumbled as I let my eyes wander all the way down her back to her ass.

It didn't help that she was wearing house clothes. Shorts and a crop top. Lord have mercy.

She reached in the cabinet over the stove and was trying to get something from the top shelf. I bit my lip, looking at her.

"Jay!" She yelled.

"Huh? What?"

"I said can you get that for me."

"Shit, my bad. This?" I asked pulling down some spice I never heard of.

"Yeah, thank you."

"It's hot in here."

"Take your jacket off then. Dinner is almost ready."

I sat my jacket on the back of a chair and sat down. I had to get myself under control.

"Here." She said putting a bowl in front of me.