Chapter five

Her Innocuous Ways

**********

Abbot Faramola, twenty-three at the time, sat on one of railings at Block eight on the walk way, his mind preoccupied with the last discussion he had with Daramola. He had never heard of the nickname Mr Famous before. She'd claimed that the mysterious Mr Famous was a 400 level Civil Engineering student and a SU Exco.

He wasn't a guy that was unaware of what is going on around him, especially not when something concerns him.

Activating the Bluetooth device on his left ear, he reached for his phone and double tapped his last dialled.

"Sir Breezy, abeg.. Ehn.. Na beg I dey beg o.. I take God beg you. Com meet me for Block eight walkway." Faramola said in a deep throaty voice.

"Guy! How far nah? " Sir Breezy shouted from Kiosk 8 where he was getting his 50- 30 Engine Burger.

Engine burger wasn't only a coded food even the language used when ordering for it was. A 50 - 30 meant fifty naira bread and thirty naira akara. The bread is made in form of sandwich. The only difference is that Engine burger has its filings to be small akara balls.

Getting his usuals, he thanked the lovely seller who not only sold him his usuals but added extra and hopped gingerly to meet "Mr fra..mous."

Breezy found the idea of teasing Faramola quite amusing but decided against it.

"Guy, how far? Hope say no be because of 50 - 30 you call me!"

"Ode, na because of 30 - 20!"

He found himself get irritable with Breezy. He wouldn't be feeling out of his element right now if he hadn't taken Daramola to the Senate Building to eat.

The news of Mr Famous really unsettled him. She hadn't supplied him enough information about the guy he was supposed to introduce to her.

The foolishness of it all was that he'd accepted to help her.

Explaining his ordeal to Breezy, Faramola was glad he decided to help.

"Guy! You don chop vegetable." Breezy teased lightly tapping him on the shoulder as he walked to the bin to dispose the nylon in his hand.

Turning back abruptly, he informed Faramola of the friendly football march with the the Electrical Department. Breezy was quick to remind him to not mess up again with his "No forget your hose for house today o chairman."

The last match with the Mechanical Engineering Department went terribly bad. He wasn't able to get his mind in the game.

Thoughts of his date with the girl Stephen showed him really messed him up. Thank God for little mercies! He'd blamed it all on not wearing his own hose. The terrible outcome of the march had him benched almost three weeks.

The thought of not knowing what's going on between Daramola and mysterious Mr Famous was not good for his sanity. Scrolling down his contact, he decided to call the girl Stephen introduced to him.

After scrolling and double checking for countless time, he remembered he had saved her phone number on the data SIM card he gave Sir Breezy.

It doesn't hurt to wait, does it? Faramola jumped down the railing and strolled to get his books from Graphics room.

*****************

"Chacha, I think there's something Lara isn't telling us."

"Obviously, she got caught by dress code people." Chacha hissed.
Daramola wasn't okay with how Chacha had said the news of their friend been caught for dress code. There must be something going on that she's found herself totally unaware of.

"Will you be able to make it for the program? You promised, remember!" Dara said in her, you can't escape this time tone.

"Yes, I'll come for the program provided that Lara or whatever her name is stays out of my way."

This was the peak of it. How can her two best friends be at each others throat.

Parting her lips opened, she was interrupted by her friend's request on her brief meeting with Faramola.

She recounted the event in details but carefully left out the part where he'd told Faramola to spy on Mr Famous.

"I thought Faramola was just your brother's friend, Dara?" The statement Chacha made was more of a question.
"Yees. But he's also my friend." Dara replied.

Shaking her head and placing a knowing smile on her lips, Chacha told Dara, " whenever you want to talk about your attraction to Faramola, I'll be right here waiting for you. Okay?"

"Okay" Dara replied.