Chapter 2

I awake. Cold and shaking. Ryan and Abbie have disappeared and I’m laying in Jacks arm on the sofa with his jacket hugging at my shoulders. He turns his head towards me and opens his eyes.

“Hey… You’re cold… Are you okay Cait?” Just like I said, he’s caring and always has been. I smile. “Yeah…Bad dream that’s all and just a little cold,” I feel bad. I must have fallen asleep on him. “Where’s there others?”

“They both went up to bed, they seem to have fallen in love,” He slurs the word love and chuckles to himself. Great. I knew Abbie liked Ryan but I didn’t think they’d make a go of it. I hope she’s been safe and not rushed things. “Come on, lay back down and get some sleep… It isn’t morning yet Cait… You’re okay, I’m here.” I feel warm suddenly knowing I’m safe. Well how can you not be this house must have every security measure going! I close my eyes and hope to drift of back to sleep.

 _____

 “This is Andre darling” My mother says, the sound of her voice hugging me.

“Hey Caitlyn, I’m going to be staying here for a while okay. I’m sure we will get along great! I love kids.” He smiles at me and I reply in the same way a gentle smile.

“Now Caitlyn, I want you to be nice to Andre and show some respect, you will be 9 in the next couple of weeks. You’re growing so fast!” Mums right, I am growing up and I haven’t spent a Birthday with anyone but Mum that I can remember as Dad passed when I was 2.

It’s my Birthday and Mum has to rush out to get the last bits for my cake.

“You will be okay with Andre for a few minutes sweet, I wont be long.” Of course Andre is a tanned Spanish man who is lovely, a fatherly figure and has been so nice to me these past few weeks.

“Caitlyn… I’ve really go a bad back. Fancy coming and giving a man a massage?” I smile he makes me giggle at times, he’s so gentle and caring. Mum returns, shocked at how well me and Andre are getting along.

“I could get used to this, my family” She smiles and I smile back at her.

 ______

 “Caitlyn wake up! Caitlyn!” I awake to find Jake sprawled above me shaking at me to get my attention. I groan. Let me sleep.

“What….” I close my eyes again hoping he gets the hint to go away.

“Abbie and Ryan are heading to the Arcade, you wanna go to?” I open my eyes and see Ryan and Abbie standing near the door to the hallway, coated up and ready to go out. Shit. I flush as I glance at the clock and see the time, 11:42am. How embarrassing I’ve been out on the sofa and they have carried on normal around me.

“Urmm…I’ll catch up…I need to sort myself out first.”

“You two go, I’ll wait with Cait and we will see you there.” Abbie and Ryan leave. Hand in hand! Woahh! It is serious.

“Hey you… Get up!” He tickles me and I cannot help but giggle and squirm around.

“I am! I am!” I try to plead for him to get of so I can get ready.

“I can’t see why you need to get ready, you look lovely either way” He smiles at me and I can’t help but look directly into his eyes. No Caitlyn! Do not go there! He’s your friend!

He’s staring right back into my eyes and his eyes close. Oh no! He’s going to… That’s it, his lips are smothering mine and I don’t move. I like it. Jake, oh Jake! He moves away and freezes.

“I’m sorry,” He stares at me and he’s pale. “I shouldn’t have done that, come on let’s get going…”