Chapter 10 - Jake's Search.

'I said my Wife is missing or do you not understand what I am saying! You're meant to be the police and you're asking all these questions! My wife has not been home for 3 days you stupid fool!' I have to raise my voice to these morons on the phone because they can't seem to be bothered to find Caitylyn this is the 3rd day and about the 100th time I have rang for an update!

We realised something was wrong when she never met Abbie, who was quick to ring me when Caitlyn's phone was off. 3 days on and nothing, we haven't heard a thing from her. I don't know if she has left me or if something serious has happened. All I keep thinking is I've been to busy with work to pay attention to her, what if she has met someone and she just turns up for Joshua one of these days. My caitlyn has gone.

The door knocks at half 5. I jump of the sofa and rush to the door hoping it's her but it isn't, it's the police.

'Have you found her, heard anything!' Why are they here.

'Sir...We need you to sit down for a moment please,' My worst nightmare flashes before me, sit down but why. I take a seat as they ask and hold my hands with my head down so they can't see the tears.

'Sir...We have discover what seems to be Caitlyns purse near the shops leading onto the motorway, it has a picture inside of your son which means we can rule out that is belongs to anyone else due to it not being reported stolen. On finding this we checked the cctv cameras on the street it was found to see a silver vauxhall driving very frantic, weaving inbetween cars. We cannot make a judgement at this present time but we are trying to locate the vehicle in question to help more with the investigation.'

'You mean you know someone has her but you don't want to tell me incase you can't find the bastard!' I know I should be more reasonable with them but why the fuck should I! They know someone has her but because they thought she had left me they don't want to look like utter cunts!

'Sir, we can understand you are angry but we believe that yes someone does have Caitlyn and right now we are in contact with Wakefield police due to an Andre Kaplal who we believe was Caitlyns step father who they believe may be on the run.'

'You mean Andre who has escaped prison in other words? He has her doesn't he! Are you all that fucking dumb to just let people escape?'

'There was a hunt for him Sir, he couldn't be seen on cctv which led them to believe he hadn't left his the prison land but three officers are currently being held in custody for the wiping of certain recordings and helping another inmate to escape'

'So he may have help! She could be fucking dead! Get out of my house and find my wife!'

'Goodnight sir.' They leave, shutting the door firmly behind them. I begin to pace up and down in anger. How could he escape, from what she's told me...what he did to her!

'Abbie! How much do you know about Caitlyn... About her step father... He's escaped... I know it Abb, he has her!' I hang up, slamming the phone on the side. I sit down on the couch and cry. What does he want with my Caitlyn. Why couldn't he just rot in his cell and let her get on with her life in peace!

I look over to a picture of our wedding day. I will find you baby, I promise.