| Chapter II |

*Karma's POV*

14 February. Honestly, it is a day that I really don’t look forward to. The only thing I’m probably looking forward to is teasing people about it, be it whether they received, gave, or even got none. On this day, every year without fail, there will definitely be a bunch of girls crowded outside my class. This year, they were outside the classroom of class 3-E, although it is a place where most of the other students would avoid at all costs.

Without looking in the direction of the doors, one could already tell the how many girls are waiting outside just by the volume of their fangirling, which is not bringing me any good given the stares directed to me by my very own classmates out of jealousy, I presumed. Sure, I admit. I am pretty good looking and smart too, so it was to be expected.

I knew that the amount of noise was not going to diminish if I did not do anything so I stood up from my seat and boom, the noise level just got louder. With every step I took, it only served to gain more squealing. God knew how chaotic it was the second I opened the door.

Flocks of girls swarmed around me before I registered the situation, each desperately trying to hand over their box of chocolates to me. Yep, I already knew it was going to be troublesome.

Not only was my personal space invaded, I was also pulled along by many girls, receiving every single one of their chocolates. I didn’t care much for it, unless it’s from a certain someone.

The person who I truly want my Valentine’s chocolate from is currently staring out of the window. He, yes he, is a petite guy who was about a ruler’s length shorter than I am. Ah… How I wish he would actually give me Valentine’s chocolate. Just imagining it makes me really wish it did happen. I wouldn’t mind a feminine-looking guy giving me chocolates if his name so happened to be Nagisa, who has light blue hair and eyes. However, I knew I had to face the fact that imagination is only imagination. Why would he even make chocolates for me? Valentine’s is a day where girls give chocolates to guys, not guys giving chocolates to another guy.

Just when I snapped out of my thoughts, I realised that the bluenette had disappeared, even though he had been right at his seat a few seconds ago, before I could attempt to talk to him. I sighed as the last of the girls passed me their chocolates. Guess I will never get to see it happen. I dumped the chocolates I had received earlier to Okajima, though he didn’t seem to appreciate it. I’ve always thought he wanted them on this day, who knows why he showed this reaction. Not that it mattered to me though.

Originally, I had planned on asking Nagisa out today to have lunch together at the fast food restaurant we always go to, but before I had the chance to ask him, he had already left the classroom. Seeing that his bag was still here, I knew  that he is still in school. I sat back down at my seat and decided to wait for him. After an hour, he still wasn’t back yet and I just assumed that he was busy. I grabbed my bag and got ready to leave the classroom, until a certain girl who has just arrived outside our classroom changed my plans about leaving.