Home

warning mentions of abuse*

MRS. WASHINGTON

Oh that poor child. George was telling me about sweet little Alex's situation, of course we both knew what to do and it was not our first time doing it. We invited alex in to our home until he can find a permanent place. We are going to try too track down some of his family. I hope he likes all the animals. There are a lot and multiplying.

JOHN POV

I walked home. Nothing out of the ordinary. The walk home was quiet almost silent, how do you describe silence? Ill ask my mom or maybe ill ask at school tomorrow. My mom wont be home for a little bit anyway. It'll just be me my dad and my baby brother Henry junior. He's is only ten months old. People say we look alike. Or when i was a baby i looked like him. On the way home i stopped at the pond. There are turtles there i love turtles. You know who seemed to know a lot of stuff. Alex, maybe I should ask him about that silence question. Ill write him a letter i think hes staying with the Washingtons now. I sat down at the edge of the pond and started to write.

Dear, alex

I was wondering if you could answer a question for me. I was on my way home and i stopped at a pond it was really quiet and i didnt know how to describe it and you seem to be good at this kind of thing. So how do you describe silence?

From,

J dot laur

I looked up and the sun was starting to set the sky was turning an orange pink color it would have been beautiful to say and watch if i was not already late. I got up and hurried off. On my way home i stopped my the Washingtons and put the letter through the mail slot. I hurried off to my house after that. I knew i was t late maybe i could sneak in. I approached th big house. My father was very well known and had a lot of money almost everyone knew the name Henry laurens. The call hm a great man but i don't see much great about him, he just drinks a lot and yells he's mean. I opened the huge front doors and slid through the entry room to the staircase. I hopped up on to the first step

"BOY!" A voice yelled

" yes sir." I said

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!" He shoved me against the wall holding me there

" i stopped at the pond and wrote and delivered a letter to a friend". I Mumbled

" SPEACK UP BOY YOU CANT MUMBLE THROUGH LIFE" he yelled and slapped me

" i stopped by the pond and wrote a letter to a friend. Then i put it through his mail slot". Said louder

"YOU CANT GO AROUND WRITING LETTERS TO BOYS. don't YOU DARE GO OFF AND RUIN MY REPUTATION BY BEING A FAGGOT. NO SON OF MINE IS A FAG, YOU HEAR ME?" He yelled

" but it was just-"

" DONT TALK BACK TO YOUR FATHER" there was 3 lashes from his belt

" sorry sir" i said

" NOW GO UP TO YOUR ROOM AND don't COME DOWN UNTILL YOUR MOTHER GETS HOME." He yelled

" yes sir" i said and headed upstairs

I went in to my room and collapsed on. To my bed and passed out.

ALEX POV

The Washingtons house was huge. One room was bigger than my whole house in Nevis. Got my own room. Ive never had my own room before. It's really big, even have a bed its like a cloud marsh mallow. There are a lot of animals here. The Washingtons name them after kids at the school. One of the kittens is named after me a medium brown colored one. There is one after john a darker brown kitten one after herc who is a black and gray kitten and a laf kitten who has white ears and an orange body with black feet and a tail. She's a cute little kitten. There are two puppy's names thomas and james. The birds are named after the Schuyler's. There are fish named maria theo less and sam. There are some turtles in the little pond in the backyard named Jenna and Dave and a frog named george. Like i said a lot of animals. Mrs. Washington made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. It was the best thing I've ever eaten. I made sure to than the washingtons very any times. I was upstairs reading when mrs. Washington called me down. Had i done something wrong? Did the want me to leave? I hope i did not do something wrong..

I walked downstairs to where mrs. Washington was.

" alex, there is a letter for you" she smiled

" a letter?"i said who even knew i was staying here i just learned.

" from john" she said sweetly

" thank you". Said as she handed me the letter

I went upstairs to read the letter. How do you describe silence? Good question john, i bet i could answer that. I sat down and started to write.

Dear john,

I got your letter thats a really good question i had to think about it for a little bit. But i think this might be a possible answer. Silence is the act of saying nothing, the eye of the hurricane. It can be many things and mean many thing. There is a peaceful silence a calming silence a creepy silence an awkward silence a tense silence still silence. So its hard o explain or define but is easy to define. Silence can be defined as the absence of noise. But silence is so much more. Silence shows moods and emotions. Silence tells everything while saying nothing. Silence is a window in to the mind heart and soul. And while most find silence plain and boring. I find silence to be an art, something more important than noise sometimes, its hw you tell your story without saying it. That is the best way i know how to describe silence at this time.

From

A.ham