Chapter 7 (Unedited)

Ryder's POV

~~~~~~~~~~

That little Bitch, how dare she disrespect me. I AM THE KING! I felt my wings burn with my anger, I needed to teach her, and Grendel a lesson. I needed to show them who's the boss.

 I felt the smack before I heard it. My head snapped to the side, and I was pissed. I whipped my head around to see my wife. "What The Hell Woman!!: I screamed at her. "How dare you Ryder. She is our sons mate. You will be nice to her, because I swear to the all mighty one that if you cost me my son I will never forgive you. I will leave you, and take ALL my children with me. I will leave you with nothing do you understand me." she hissed at me. My eyes were wide open. Did she really think that I would cost us our son? Was I that bad?

  I sat down in my thrown and put my head in my hands. I had been so blinded with my hate for humans I couldn't see the hurt I was causing my family. Grendel may not be my biological son, but he was mine. Well ours. We found him just a pup. He was maybe a couple days old. The humans knew him, and his cousin were different. The first time we saw them I was blown away by the power falling off them. I believe that Adam felt threatened by them. They were better than him, and there for had to be disposed of. I had picked up the boys only to find that his cousin was not pure. He wasn't meant to be touched by angels. It killed me a little to leave the poor thing there, but I couldn't do anything. I wasn't able to touch him without inflicting pain to the both of us.

  I brought Grendel home and gave him to my wife. I went back to the other child, perhaps in hope of finding someone to help him, but he was gone. I searched and searched, but I couldn't find him. I returned home with a heavy heart, and a bruised soul. I had thought at the time that he had been killed by animals. Only years later would I find out just how very wrong I was.

Grendel's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat, and watched Lyci run around after the boys. I couldn't wait to mate with her, and see her bulg with my children. I wondered off thinking about my future children. What would they look like? Would they have my black hair, or her dirty blonde color? My eyes or hers? Boy or girl first? My train of thought was interrupted when I was thrown forwards on the ground. I shifted, and went into defence mode in a second, only to regret in the next. Before me stood a very frightened Lyci, and two startled little boys. Their little wings spread wide, and their feathers ruffled.

 Lyci took a step back, and put herself between the boys and me. I put my head down and softened my posture, trying to show her I didn't mean her any harm. I felt horrible. They were just having fun, and I ruined it. I wined, and crawled on my stomach over to them. Lyci still stood protectively. She looked like a mother bear protecting her cubs. She didn't look scared anymore, she looked down right pissed. I didn't like being at the other end of her anger though.

 I lay completely still a foot from her, not moving waiting for her to make the first move. The boys were still ruffled, but didn't look as startled. This was the first time they had seen a wolf, let alone my wolf. I whimpered, and looked at her. She took a breath and brought her handout to stroke m fur. I purred as she stroked my fur softly. Yordann tugged on her shorts. He wanted to pet me too. She let them both come closer. Never letting her guard down. "..Alpha..." I heard in my head. "WHAT" I demanded. "There is a human at the gate. Female, older, claiming you have her daughter here. What should I tell her?" I took a deep breath and looked at Lyci. She had said she wanted to know what happened to her mother, but how am I to know this is really her mother? Ugh.. I don't know what to do....

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Lovlies,

Sorry for such a small update but I got stuck and my friend yelling at me to update update so this is gunna end in a cliffhanger.. I hope you are all enjoying this book, because I know I am. I am super excited. It keeps getting more and more reads. I honestly didn't think it would get any and It's getting a bunch. I have hope yet.

So I leave you with one of my favourite quotes ever...

"To Die Would Be An Awfully Big Adventure" ~ Peter pan (Non-animated version)

       ~~~~RED