p r o l o g u e

"ROSE! ROSE GET DOWN HERE! ROOOOOSE!" I hear Stiles scream from downstairs. I check my clock, it's 11:46 P.M. What the hell is that idiot doing here? I grab a jacket and run downstairs. "Scott, Stiles, do you know what time it is?" I ask them. "Yeah well, listen." Scott begins. "So, my dad got a call from the station, they found a body. We have to go." Stiles says enthousiastically. "Well if they found the body, then why should we go out there?" Stiles sighs. "Because they only found half of it, DUH!" He says and I start to laugh. "Okay, I guess I have no choice." And that's how I ended up in a crappy jeep with my stupid twin brother and his idiotic best friend.

We stop at the beginning of the Beacon Hills reservation, and jump out of the jeep. "So, where excactly did they find it?" Scott asks when we start walking. "Uh, I don't know." "What half of the body are we actually looking for?" I ask. "Huh, didn't thought about that." Stiles answers and I sigh. "What if the killer is still out here?!" Scott asks, a little freaked out. "Uhhhhm, didn't think about that either." I laugh. "How come, Stiles, that every time you drag us into something, everything goes extremely wrong and we end up at the station, getting investigated, and finally released by your dad." I say and Scott laughs.

"Why are we doing this?" Scott asks again. "You're the one always bitching that nothing ever happens in this town." Stiles answers while turning on his flashlight. "I was trying to get a good night's sleep before practice tomorrow." I giggle. "Right, 'cause sitting on the bench is such a grueling effort." I say, and Stiles high-fives me. "No, because I'm playing this year. In fact, I'm making first line." I laugh again. "That's the spirit! Everyone should have a dream, even a pathetically unrealistic one." I laugh again. "Well, still good to know how well you've planned this out- Maybe the severe asthmatic should be the one to hold the flashlight, huh?" Scott says, inhaling from his inhaler, or whatever you call that thing. Suddenly other flashlights appear, and we hear dogs barking, but Stiles is much further into the woods than we are. "Stiles, wait up- Stiles!" I yell, right before Scott pulls me behind a tree.

"Hold it, right here. Hang on, hang on, this little delinquent belongs to me." I hear sherrig Stillinski say, another dog barks. "Dad, how are you doing?" "So, do you listen to all my phone-calls?" "No. Not the boring ones?" I try to hold my laughter, he's such an idiot. "So, where are your usual partners in crime?" "Who? Scott and Rose? Scott and Rose are at home, they said they wanted to get a good night's sleep for the first day of school tomorrow. It's just me. In the woods. Alone." Idiot.

"Scott, Rose, you out there?" I hear the sherrif yell while his flashlight shines in our way. I want to appear from behind the tree, but Scott stops me. "Well, young man, I'm gonna walk you back to your car, and you and I are gonna have a conversation about something called invasion of privacy." We hear them walk away, and get away from the tree. We start walking, untill we slip and roll down a hill. "AHH!" I yell. "My inhaler!" Scott says. Suddenly we hear growling, and some big, black thing jumps us. I feel a stinging pain in my shoulder, right before I black out.