Chapter I

There was a little eight-year-old boy named Daniel, who always wanted to be a hero someday to protect the people in Grassania Village. He lives in a house with his mother, Anna, who is a herbalist, his father David, who works at a weapons shop as a blacksmith, and his nine-year-old sister, Rose, who just turned ten today.

Daniel's parents let Rose go play with her friends at their barn for her birthday. Gabriel is in his backyard, hitting a tree with a stick, pretending that it's a sword.

David comes outside into the backyard, seeing Gabriel attacking the tree. "Hyah! Hyah! Take that, tree!" Daniel yelled, hitting the tree.

"Oh, Daniel..." David chuckled. "Look, daddy! I killed the tree!" Daniel exclaimed. "That's impressive, Daniel. Someday, you'll be able to stop real monsters when you're older." David said.

"Oh, I can't wait!" Daniel smiled. David chuckled. "You need to buy a birthday gift for your sister." David told him. "I need money." Daniel said.

"Here's five gold coins. But, you can also make more when you help other people when they need it." David informed him, giving the coins.

"Okay, thanks, daddy." Daniel said. Daniel went to the shopping district, looking for the gift shop. "There it is." Daniel said, gazing at the gift symbol on a small building.

Daniel went inside and sees teddy bears, flowers, chocolates, small guitars, and flutes. Daniel goes to the shopkeeper. "I'd like a flute, please." Daniel said.

"Of course, sweetie. That'll be 15 gold coins, please." The shopkeeper said. "Aww, I only have 5..." Daniel feels disappointed.

"Aww, I'm sorry, sweetie. You should ask people to work a little for more money." The shopkeeper said. "Yeah, okay. Thank you." Daniel said, walking out of the gift shop.

Daniel walked around the shopping district, looking around for people that needs help. "Hey, kid?" A man asked. "Hello, sir. Do you need help?" Daniel asked.

"Yes, please. Can you watch my food stand? I need to bring out more fruits. I'll give you 5 coins." The man offered. "Okay, I'll watch your stand." Daniel accepted the man's offer.

"Good, thank you. It will just take a minute." The man said, walking away to get his fruits. A little boy came up to the food stand. "Hello. The man will be back soon." Daniel said.

"That man is my dad. He stores his food in the cabinets under you. We should eat them together." The boy said. Daniel started thinking about eating the man's food.

"No, I can't. It's not right." Daniel refused. "Oh, wow. You're just a scared little chicken." The boy walked away. The man came back with the baskets of fruits.

"Thank you for watching my stand. Here's 5 coins." The man hands over 5 coins. "Thank you. Goodbye." Daniel waved. The man waved back.

Daniel continued looking for people who needs help. Daniel heard a little boy calling for help near the Evergreen Forest.

Daniel ran and sees a taller boy holding a teddy bear and a little boy crying. "Gimmie back my teddy bear! It's not yours!" The boy said.

"Wah, wah, wah! What are you gonna do? Nothing!" The tall boy mocked the little boy. "Give that little boy back his teddy bear." Daniel told the tall boy.

"Or what? Little kid." The tall boy insulted Daniel. Daniel drew out his stick. "Ha! You want the teddy bear? Come and get me!" The tall boy puts the bear away and puts up his fists.

Daniel charged at the tall boy and whacks him on the leg. "Ouch!" The tall boy exclaimed. The tall boy swings his fist at Daniel, but Daniel dodged it.

"Get him! Get him! Get my teddy back!" The little boy told Daniel. Daniel charged, jumped high, and bonks the tall boy on the head.

"Owwoo!" The tall boy exclaimed in pain. "Here, take the teddy! Just leave me alone!" The tall boy gives the teddy bear to Daniel and runs away.

"Here you go." Daniel gives the teddy bear back to the little boy. "Thank you, friend! I need to change my teddy's stuffing. I won't forget this. Here's 5 coins. It's all I got." The little boy gave Daniel coins.

"Of course, thank you. Farewell." Daniel said. "Farewell." The little boy walked away, going back to his home. "Great, now I have enough for Rose's present." Daniel said to himself.