Chapter IV

"Are you both alright?" Ganerious asked Daniel and Jenny. "Yes, we're fine." Daniel replied. "Good, now finish up your lunch so you both will be ready for the challenge." Ganerious said, magically disappeared, turning into blue sparkles.

"I wish I can do that." Daniel hoped. "Yeah, me too. And, thanks for helping me out, Daniel." Jenny nudged him playfully. Daniel chuckled. "Thanks for helping me out too." Daniel said. "We have each other, right?" Jenny gave her hand out. "Right." Daniel shook her hand.

Daniel and Jenny both finished up their lunch and headed back into the battlefields. "Ahh, you're back, children." Ganerious said. "What's the challenge, Ganerious?" Jenny asked. "The challenge is to fight a wild boar. You must knock him out." Ganerious said, pointing at the gate where the boar is.

"Whoa..." Daniel and Jenny both said nervously. "Yes, but you two can stop him. Are you ready?" Ganerious asked. Daniel and Jenny looked at each other then nodded. "We accept the challenge." Daniel replied.

"Excellent. I'll open the gates." Ganerious used his magic to open the gates. Daniel and Jenny went inside and sees the boar snarling. "We can do this." Daniel said. "Yeah, let's defeat this boar." Jenny agreed with Daniel.

Daniel and Jenny drew their sticks at the boar. The boar became enraged then charged at Daniel. "Look out!" Daniel took evasive action to the right. The boar ram into the wooden fence and got his tusks stuck into the wood.

"Hurry! Get him!" Saridus told them. Daniel raised his stick up, about to hit the boar when suddenly, the time suddenly became slow. "Huh?" Daniel looked around, seeing everything slowing down. "Daniel..." A voice whispered into Daniel's ear. "Who said that?" Daniel asked. "It's your heart..." Daniel's heart replied with a whisper.

"You can't kill the boar...You must show loyalty to befriend him..." Daniel's heart whispered. "Why can't I kill him? He's trying to kill me." Daniel asked. "Follow your heart, Daniel...And put your weapon away..." Daniel's heart whispered.

The time went back to normal and Daniel followed his heart by putting his stick away. "Boy, what are you doing?!" Saridus asked loudly. "Jenny, put your stick away." Daniel told her. "Why? We have to defeat the boar!" Jenny exclaimed. "Please, just do it." Daniel told her.

"Okay..." Jenny put her stick away as well. The boar broke free from the wooden fence and turned to Daniel. Daniel gave his hand out to the boar, showing loyalty. The boar suddenly became calm, then walks up to Daniel peacefully. The boar squealed happily and became friendly with Daniel and Jenny.

"Well done, children!" Ganerious exclaimed. "But, I thought we're supposed to hurt the boar..." Jenny thought. "No, no. The answer to this challenge is friendship, not violence." Ganerious said. "You both have done well. That's enough training for today." Ganerious said.

The day became night, then Daniel and Jenny both headed back into their room. "Today was great, Daniel! I can't believe you tamed that boar." Jenny smiled. "Thanks! I just followed my heart." Daniel said and appreciated Jenny's words.

"Hmm, I'll try to remember that." Jenny said. "Good. Your heart can guide you to your goals." Daniel said. "Wow...that makes sense...I'll keep that in mind." Jenny said. "Okay. Good night, Jenny." Daniel said. "Good night, Daniel." Jenny said. Daniel and Jenny went to bed.