Chapter IX

Daniel and Jenny were walking through the woods, heading to Oakville and help the villagers there. "I'm glad we finally became knights. This is the best thing that's ever happened to me." Jenny smiled.

"Yeah, me too." Daniel smiled, wrapping his arm around Jenny. Jenny giggled and wrapped her arm around Daniel. They both walked with their arms sound around each other.

After a few moments, Daniel heard a rustling sound, coming from the bushes next to Daniel. "Huh? What was that...?" Daniel asked, drawing his sword out. A squirrel came out, running up to another tree.

"Oh. Just a squirrel." Daniel said, putting his sword away. After a few moments, Jenny saw a strange figure at a far distance, hiding behind a tree. "Hey, you! Over there!" Jenny called to the figure. The figure ran away in a rush. "What'd you see?" Daniel asked.

"I saw someone! After him!" Jenny demanded. Daniel and Jenny started chasing the figure who is watching Daniel and Jenny. "I see him, too!" Daniel yelled, sees the figure. The figure continued running, trying to get away from Daniel and Jenny.

The figure hid behind another tree, hiding from Daniel and Jenny. "Come on out..." Daniel told the figure. The figure comes out in a cloak to hide its identity with a magical fire staff. "Sir, put down the staff..." Jenny told the figure.

The figure didn't respond, but charged up its fire staff, about to cast fire. "Don't make me ask twice." Jenny warned the figure, drawing her sword. The figure casted a blast of fire at Jenny. "Jenny!" Daniel dived at Jenny, dodging the blast.

The figure summoned shadowy skeletons from the ground and started attacking Daniel and Jenny. Daniel and Jenny got up, Daniel drew his sword out as well, then both of them engaged and charged at the skeletons.

The figure started to run away again. "Die, you filthy monsters!" Daniel killed the skeletons with Jenny. Daniel casted a fireball at the figure, but the figure ran to the left and dodged the fireball.

Daniel teleported to the figure and grabbed it. "Who are you? Why didn't you listen?!" Daniel interrogated and put its hood down. "Don't hurt me! Please! I'm sorry!" A girl with black hair, brown eyes, and an ancient symbol on her forehead, apologizing to Daniel and Jenny.

"You're a girl..." Daniel said releasing the girl. "Why did you run?" Jenny asked. "Look, my name is Selina. I'm an apprentice at Oakville. I ran because you frightened me." Selina replied.

"We didn't mean to frighten you. We were just wondering why you were watching us." Daniel said. "I was wondering who you two are." Selina replied. "Well, we're The Grassville Knights." Daniel introduced himself and Jenny.

"Ah, are you here to help protect Oakville?" Selina asked. "Yes, can you take us there? We are happy to serve you all." Jenny asked. "Yes, take my hand." Selina held her hands out. Daniel and Jenny took Selina's hand, then teleported them to Oakville.