Steve: Pre-Serum Love

18 years old(I don't know if this is the exact time of period of what I am writing about but just bare with me okay)
----------------------
Your pov
You were walking down the street. Just coming back from school when all of a sudden, you hear footsteps running towards you. You turn around and see that cheesy, charismatic, handsome man that you call best friend. As he is getting closer and closer you see that small glint in his eyes that holds mischief. Oh dear lord.

"Hello James, what's got you in such a rush today?"

"Hello y/n, good to see you today."
You realize he has something up his sleeve.

"James Buchanan Barnes what do you want?"

He looks at you in a playful hurt.

"Now what makes you think I want something?"
He says falsely hurt.

"Don't play dumb with me Barnes, I see that little smirk you got there."

He smiles uncontrollably

"Well doll, I wanted to ask you something?"

"Which is....?"

"Well I'm going to go later this evening to the fair to see the future!" He says excitingly
You laugh at his childish behavior

"Well thanks James but I don't know if I -"

"Steve is coming....."
You eyes lights up at his name but then you look at your feet blushing embarrassingly while Bucky chuckles lightly.

"I got ya there didn't I doll?"
You get slightly angry when Bucky mentions his name in which you always fall for

"Bucky you know how I get when you mention his name, let alone see him. He just so, adorable and kind and such a great gentleman. Man, I don't even know how dames these days don't want him. It just sad how that don't really see how he is. He is the most sweetest thing ever lived...."

He looks at you expectantly and hurt

"Hey...!"

"Fine......., one of the most sweetest things ever lived."
You laugh sadly.

"I know y/n, but he'll be happy to see you there."

"Alright, James but if anything goes wrong I'm leavin' okie dokie?"

He grabs you and spins you. You both laugh hard and then he sets you down.

"Awe, thanks so much doll, my both best friends with me! Thank you..." he says and then he hugs you again and leaves.

You get home and think about what you are going to wear this evening. You don't even no what to wear! I mean there is no reason to dress to impress but ever since you became friends with Barnes and Rogers eight years ago, you could never get rid of Steven Grant Rogers out of your heart because that is how hard you fell and still falling for him.

Ever since, you would help Bucky get Steve back on his feet every time he'd get himself in a fight. Sometimes you think he is stupid for putting himself in those positions but he says he wants to prove himself to people that he is capable. You know he is but you're scared that he might get his own death wish one day by doing that. Bucky would always be a big brother to you. Every single time you give up, he would always be there whenever you feeling down. But when it was Steve, man you wish you had the guts to tell him you love him. Yes love him. It grew stronger everyday.

Bucky found out about it when he first saw you. He knew at that moment you both would be great together, but you would deny it because you thought he never felt the same.