"B" is for Bully (Act III) 🍋

"Here goes nothing...!"

You began to perspire in anticipation as you twist open the door, attempting to swallow a lump in your throat that felt like the size of a tennis ball. You batted your (E/C) eyes closed, centering your concentration with trembling hands. "No....no time to panic....I need to find a way out....my life depends on it!"

Exhaling a deep, shaky breath, you quietly tiptoe out of the dank depths of the basement, silently shutting the door behind you. As you analyze the environment around you, you are quite surprised to find yourself in a rather average looking living room. The room was about half the size of the extraordinarily large basement that you had previously found yourself being held against your will in.

Glancing to your left and right, you spotted two midnight black leather couches positioned squarely on either side of the room, adorned with black and white striped pillows. The pattern on the fluffed square pillows reminded you somewhat of a zebra wearing a classic prisoner jumpsuit. The walls and ceiling were painted a stark white color. The shade of white was so pristine that it was as if someone had glazed a top coat of bleach over the drywall. In the front center of the room was a large flatscreen TV, along with many other expensive trinkets such as ridiculously large lava lamps and even an old school jukebox that wasn't sold in stores anymore.

It was clear that the inhabitants of this rather monochrome home had a lot of money. But you had no time to admire their wealth. Your heart was pounding rapidly with anxiety, the organ keeping your wandering mind on track with the main objective of escaping this horrid hell.

You quietly shuffle from room to room, desperate to find any means of escape. The mansion was like a funhouse maze. Just when you thought you had found a way out, you immediately found yourself to be lost again. You could have sworn that you had passed by the kitchen three times already. "Shit...she's going to realize I'm gone soon enough...got to think fast." Judging by the faint sounds of shuffling feet from the second floor, it seemed utterly impossible to sneak upstairs without getting caught.

It was brief. Like a singular flash of lightning in a gloomy grey sky that forewarned a storm coming. After you circled around the first floor for what appeared to be the tenth time, you suddenly screech to a stop dead in your tracks. Your peripheral vision had caught a blur of slight movement. It was so small, so unnoticeable that the only reason why you took note of it was because your senses were so heightened with panic and fear. As you craned your neck slowly to the right, you realized where the minuscule action had taken place.

A closet. It was directly in the middle of a purely black hallway. The ceiling, walls, even the tiles were painted an obsidian color, making you feel as though you were stepping through some sort of empty void. You almost hadn't noticed the sleek black wood protruding an inch from the flat wall, its raven black paint camouflaging itself with the rest of the seemingly empty hallway. Your head snapped reflexively towards the closet once you spotted the entrance to the small space pulsate weakly, as if something was banging against it meekly...

Your senses inflamed with cautiousness, you trudge your feet forward, taking one step at a time as you approached this eerie closet. "This is very...very creepy..." You think to yourself, wanting nothing more than to find a window to leap out of or an exit door to bash yourself through. "Woman up, (F/N). You'll never find the exit with an attitude like that...just open the damn closet! It could have something that'll help you get out of this hellhole!" As you preform a mentally induced pep talk inside of your head, you wrap your fingers onto the black wooden knob before yanking the closet door open with a swift tug.

What you found wasn't a shining light of hope, but rather a bloodcurdling, taunting jeer of despair. It was as if your fingertips had grazed the surface of heaven, and for a moment you felt the sheer warmth and comfort of paradise and eternal happiness, only to get forcefully dragged back down to the murky depths of hell where endless torture awaited you.