Chapter 3 - Yellow Rose

I stared at the pencil that I dragged along the lined paper. Again, I was just doodling and not doing work. I let out a sigh and slumped onto my desk, letting out a groan of frustration. If I was left alone, I may have just stayed like this for until the last bell rang. I watched the lines and curves turn into a drawing of a person slowly. My pencil ran across the paper and left squiggles of lines. Not too squiggly though. Just enough... A few circles here and there to finish it off, then there you go.

It was quiet for some time as I examined my paper that I had drawn on. I just listened to the teacher talking about some things like a quiz coming up. Then, the bell rang. Students all started moving. Most of them got up and left, then some just relaxed in their chair for a little to wait for their friend to come over from the other side of the class or something. I just sat there, not moving and just staring at my paper.

"Yo, Ace, what are you doing just sitting there? Asleep? School has ended," someone said to me as they made their way over.

"I heard... I'm not asleep," I mumbled when they came over. "I just realized that I drew a person," I explained before getting up. I closed my workbook, not before I took a second glance at my doodle. Putting that away, I turned to my friend and leaned back against my desk, "what do you want? Going to play somewhere?"

"Nah, not today. I got caught recently so I have to stay. My girl said she won't see me if I don't repent, so..."

"Man, she sounds like a sweetie," I hummed in amusement. "I still got no one."

"Don't go hitting on my girl... You have someone in mind though, right? Said you were drawin' someone," my friend said to me. He was probably curious about who it could be.

"That? No way," I replied before looking to the side to think. Who I drew being the person I like? "You think this is some romance manga? That was just some random character. No one special..."

"Hm... if you say so," he laughed. We talked a bit more about some random things and possible days to hang out for a while longer. I stayed until he had to head to the after school class he got. After that, I headed back. I walked the same speed, the same distance and the same path.

I somehow hoped that he was going to be outside doing something. He would see me, then ask me to come hang around. I paused and could feel myself getting a bit embarrassed at what I was thinking. I couldn't love a guy, right? Girls were the best, for eternity. "Maybe it's because he tends flowers and acts like a girl... Must be," I murmured. Him tending flowers was true, but he didn't at all act like a girl. I just wanted to make myself think that.

At that moment, someone ran up to me from that direction. A super cute girl, she was. She held a small bouquet of flowers in her pretty little hands. The wrapping and decor seemed to match her carefully painted nails too. I looked down at her quietly and just waited.

How she caught her breath while trying to look her best was adorable to me. "Did you need something," I asked as a little push for her to say whatever it is. I didn't recognize her. She maybe went to another school.

"U-um," she started, brushing her bangs behind her ear as she straightened up. "I know you don't know me much and... I go to another school too, but w-would you maybe... give me a chance and-"

"Mn... Sure," I replied before she could finish. I knew what she was going to say. Who wouldn't know. I chuckled softly before taking the bouquet. The girl seemed surprised, but happy. I looked at the flowers quietly. They must be his flowers, I thought to myself before shaking my head. Why am I thinking about him again?! I have this cute girl now, so I don't need to think of anyone else!