Part 8

A few weeks passed after the incident and I was now living with Georgie in her small, but very neat and comfortable apartment. Every day was pretty much the same like the last one, and God, was I thankful for that.

Change is what I needed least of all now. I was most certainly not the type of person who'd be able to cope with everyday life without a schedule, I needed every minute to be planned, and frankly, since my mother's death, nothing has been like that and it made me feel terrible, almost depressed. Or should I say ever since the... the...

Hm. I cannot bring myself to mention it. I just want to forget it.

As I said, every day was the same, which really pleased me. Georgie would go to work at about nine and work up till four p.m., and  as for myself, during that time I was mostly studying.

My second year of colledge was approaching and I just couldn't wait for it, but I also needed a small job that would bring me some profit so I could rent my own place.

When Georgie would come home, we'd have lunch and then we would always talk about her day, about her boyfriends and all of the interesting stuff happening in her life.

I must admit, I was kind of jealous. Jealous of that no-worries, hakuna matata way of life. Georgie seemed to have everything, the looks, the brains, the nerves for every person and every situation in this world...

While I was more of a stressed out chicken in most of my life situations. Yeah, I hated that, but I didn't think there was anything I could do about it.

Everything was perfectly peaceful, everything was going really smoothly, until one night lowered it's shadow on my soul and wrapped me in the eternity of depression, pain... death.

***

That night, I went to bed at about eleven o'clock. Georgie stayed up a little bit more, as her mother came to visit. They had a lot of things to talk about, I suppose.

Georgie told me they've had some kind of a fight, so I was really hoping it would all smoothe out soon.

I knew that Georgie loved her mother more than anything in the world, that they had a bond stronger than any other I had ever seen.

As I was slowly falling asleep, I suddenly felt my eyes open, but not by my will, but by a pair of cold hands that spread my eyelids apart. 

Oh no... NOT AGAIN!

There it was, looking at me with those spooky, shining eyes. It's breath stinged my eyeballs and the cold hands wouldn't let me blink.

My eyes started burning like crazy, hurting so much I started crying, but there was nothing I could do about it.

I wanted to scream, but the creature suddenly pushed something warm and gooey in my mouth, something I wanted to spit out immediately, but just couldn't.

It burned, it burned so damn much. I just couldn't take it anymore, so I tried to move the rest of my body, so I could kick the goddamn monster, but it seemed to have glued my feet to the bed.

"HHHEEEEE", it started wheezing, "LLLLOOOOOO!"

It's breath was just... Oh my. There are no words to explain it. "Swallow!", it whispered in my ear, but I shook my head in shock.

It let my eyelids go and I closed my eyes immediately, but it opened one of my eyes again and threatened to bury it's long nail in my eyeball. I wanted to scream as that gooey thing moved around in my mouth.

"Swallow!", it whispered in my ear and suddenly bit my cheek. I felt terrible pain start to numb my face and something warm started dripping off of my chin. It was either my blood or it's saliva.

I saw that there was no escape, so I slowly let the gooey thing down my throat.

My body started twinging, I felt that it wasn't in my control anymore.

It was like I didn't own it anymore, like I wasn't responsible for any movement I made. My body got up and slowly started walking towards the door... I was trying to stop myself, get back to bed, but it was just worthless.

My arm opened the door and I started walking towards the living room, the creature following me, crawling towards me.

I kept thinking how terryfied poor Georgie and her mum would be once I were to show up with the monster following me

As I walked in, Georige looked at me and her eyes spread wide open in fear.

"Hailey?", she murmured, "... are you... okay?"

I wanted to say something, but my voice couldn't exit my mouth. Instead, another one did.

"You stupid girl. You thought I was your friend", it was obviously not my voice as it was much deeeper, raspier than mine.

"H-... Hailey? Is this some kind of a game? Cause I don't think it's funny".

Something screamed out of me as my body started running towards the kitchen. The creature put a knife in my hands and looked at me, then said something in a language I couldn't understand.

My body ran back towards the living room, as a voice that was coming from my mouth screamed:

"DIE, YOU STUPID BITCH!"

I couldn't stop myself. My hands burried the knife in the chest of Georgie's mother. Her eyes spread open in shock and a second later, she was dead, but I didn't stop stabbing her. I stabbed her eyes, her cheeks, her stomach...

Georgie was screaming, hitting me from the back with everything she could find.

"GO AWAY! STOP IT, YOU MONSTER, STOP IT! YOU KILLED MY MOTHER!", she was screaming. As she hit my stomach, I suddenly threw up all over her mother's body and the gooey blob came out among everything else.

I suddenly felt so weak... I dropped to the floor and Georige started hitting me.

"YOU FUCKING BITCH! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?! I HATE YOU!"

I felt as if she were going to kill me, then and there, so I gathered my strength and ran out of the apartment onto the streets.

I stumbled towards a dark, lonely alley and lay down by a trash can, shivering all over.

What

The

Heck

Has

Just

Happened