Part 6. burning, Ash

You look as good as you had a few hundred years ago, Mar Mar." The person at the door- who to Marshal Lee's surprise was none other than his ex, Ash... no, could you really say it was to his surprise? Even though Marshal Lee and Ash had broken it off over one hundred years ago, he'd still "coincidentally" run into Ash frequently. Marshal Lee's facial expression was at a still for only a moment longer- furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. "Why are you here, Ash? And didn't I tell you to stop calling me that?" Marshal Lee asked, the extent of his annoyance obvious, crossing his arms tightly. "And you've seen me many times; it hasn't even been 100 years." Marshal Lee muttered in an oh-so matter-of-facility tone. Ash flashed a grin at Marshal Lee, pushing his hair out of his face slightly. "Hey, Hey Mar- Mar," Ash muttered in a mocking tone, whisping his way past Marshal Lee before he could even stop him. Of course Marshal Lee could have stopped him... he just didn't care enough at the present moment to stop him. "Ice cold as always." Ash snickered. "What's the matter with wanting to visit my old friend?" Asked ash, smirking at Marshal Lee who hadn't moved a muscle besides to turn ; face Ash, his eyes following Ash's every move as he started to walk through the house, picking up random objects and looking at them. "che', friend? And stop touching my stuff!" Marshal Lee demanded, flaring up slightly he growled... Ash paused in place, looking at Marshal Lee's guitar that he was holding, he looked up.

"We are friends, aren't we Mar-Mar? I mean... who the glob cares that we broke up, right?" Ash said in a serious tone, only making Marshal Lee angrier, the vampire growled deeper at the other. Marshal Lee wasn't stupid- at least, not as stupid as he was when he'd been dating ash blindly, only to realize that Ash had been cheating on him with...a girl. Marshal Lee wasn't going for the friends' thing, or, anything for that matter.... He simply wanted nothing to do with the other vampire. Marshal Lee's grip on the side of the door intensified as he heard a snicker seep from in-between Ash's lips. Was he really so amused by Marshal Lee's annoyance? It pissed Marshal Lee off! Not nearly as much as the prince- but why did he even come to mind right now?! "I'm kidding; you don't have to look so serious... I just had a question." Marshal Lee cocked an eyebrow at the vampire. A question? What could he possibly want to ask Marshal Lee? "What?" Marshal Lee asked, clearing his throat, trying to hide his obvious nervousness.

"Well..." Ash went on, dragging it out. "I couldn't resist going to the candy ball- thing to terrorize the candy people a bit... And I just so happened to see you with the prince." Marshal Lee stared for a moment blankly, swallowing hard. The bad thing about Marshal Lee was that he was so easy to read, so easy to see through. Every emotion he had- it showed on his face, down to his flesh. Ash flashed a slight smirk when he noticed the king's tenseness. "What's your relationship with him?" He asked, breaking the momentary silence and sending Marshal Lee's heart into frenzy, he averted his eyes. " R-Relationship?" Marshal Lee muttered, trying not to stutter, yet his throat had gone dry with fear and he was filled with uneasiness. "N-None, of course.... I h-hate that stupid, pink bastard." Marshal Lee said, his voice getting hushed as he spoke and his eyes lingering off. "Not that it's any of your business anyways." Marshal Lee snapped back, looking the other male in the eyes again, only to see that same smirk still sprawled across Ash's lips. It wasn't as if it were a lie, after all. All the prince did was force himself on Marshal Lee all of the time. Marshal Lee blushed in thought. Even if he had reciprocated half way through-it wasn't necessarily willingly... Marshal Lee couldn't stop it...

"I see. But, if that's the case..." Ash mumbled, sitting the guitar down, walking towards Marshal Lee slowly who shuddered in surprise, stepping back slightly. Ash slid his hand onto the door, closing it; forcing Marshal Lee up against it. Marshal Lee's expression wavered, looking up at Ash intimidatingly. Ash slid his finger underneath the king's chin, making him face to face. "Why did he kiss you?" Ash asked in a whisper, making Marshal Lee's eyes widen. "T-That's..!" He stuttered out, pushing the other vampire away on an impulse, averting his eyes once again. "I didn't consent... he did it himself." Marshal Lee muttered. "Candy is a vampire's natural enemy, even though we live... "Peacefully" among them. You know, if the others found out they'd lose all respect for you Mar-Mar... I'd hate to see you dethroned... Especially that way." Marshal Lee looked at him out of the corner of his eyes. Was he being threatened? Or perhaps, blackmailed? "It's none of your business, didn't I say that already?! And as I said... there isn't anything going on between the prince and I.." Marshal Lee went on, only to be cut off. "Then there wouldn't be any particular reason he left from here only a moment ago, would there?" He asked, raising an eyebrow as if he didn't already know. It was evident to even Marshal Lee, though, that he knew.
Marshal Lee wasn't one to beg, though. He never had been- and it wouldn't change now. Especially not for Ash, out of all people. "I don't care who you tell." Marshal Lee spouted out quickly. Ash snickered. "I figured you'd say that." Ash muttered. Marshal Lee furrowed his eyebrows. So then, what was the point of his lame attempt to blackmail him? Marshal Lee- somehow failed to understand. "Well, if that's all- get out." Marshal Lee told him in a stern voice. Ash snickered. "Alright, alright feisty. I'll be in touch."