Chapter 1

"I'm bored." Vanessa and I were at my house having a sleepover. "How about we go to the beach?" Vanessa pause and looked as if she was thinking, "I forgot my bathing suit at home.", she sighed. "You live right next to the beach we could just go pick it up and change there." "Okay, sounds good." Neither of us moved. "Umm, June you should probably go put your bathing suit on." "That would be a good idea".

🌼🌼🌼

     I picked out my simple black swimsuit and a deep blue mesh cover up. I grabbed my gold aviators and walked out the door.
"June hurry up!" As I ran down the stairs I heard my cat Esmy meow. Ugh, I forgot to feed her. "Hold on let me feed the cat real quick."
     Once I got back from the kitchen Vanessa was gone. I looked out the window. Vanessa was already in the car. "There you are.", I whispered to no one inparticular. I walked out the door and into the car.
     "Lets go get snow cones first." "Kk"

🌼🌼🌼

     "Hey lets build a bonfire!" "Yas a June that would be awsome!" I love bonfires they're so warm and cozy. They're also right by the beach it's so amazing.
     As I was gathering rocks to put around the fire I saw a guy. A really cute guy actually. I started making my way towards him, trying to look like I was picking up rocks. I failed. "Hi", he laughed. "Umm... Hey" He stared at me. "What are you gathering rocks for?"I turned completely red. "I'm gathering rocks for a bonfire with my friend." I mumbled in reply. "Cool... Can I join? I mean if that's okay with you." Oh jeez, was he seriously asking me this? "Oh, umm, sure"
     "So where are you building it?" "Just over there.", I pointed at where I saw Vanessa. "Ok lets go!" He grabed my hand and pulled me forward dragging me along as he ran towards Vanessa. "I never asked you name?" "Its June." "Cute" I was probably as red as a tomato by now.
     "Who's this?" Vanessa looked confused. "Oh umm this is... Umm..." "My name's Adam, what's yours?" "Vanessa." "June can I talk to you?" Uh oh.
     "Who even is this guy, and why is he here?" " Well I was just picking up rocks and he said hi and I invited him to sit with us. Plus he's cute." "Fine whatever."
     "Hey guys I'm sorry, I'll just go, sorry." " No wait, Adam its fine you should stay, the fire's barely even started... and we have drinks.", I said with a wink. "No thanks, I'm good." Ugh jeez dude what is it going to take to get you to stay. "And marshmallows." "Okay fine, I can see your desperate" he said playfully.