Chapter 15

We are soon on our way again, this time on a road, near a beach scattered with palm trees. I look up from my book and see we are headed somewhere sunny but secluded. Adam hops off the car without a word and opens my door for me as he guides me slowly to a group of palm trees, "He can't find us here." I nod and he brushes some leaves out of the way, for me to find a beach with pure white sands and clear blue water.
     I slowly walk to the water, with Adam still holding my hand, "Are you peckish at all?" Adam says this and without an answer goes back to the car and grabs a basket. "Like our first date, but on a beach." I sit without a word and peck him on the lips.

🌼🌼🌼

     As we finish eating, we pack every thing up and head into the water. I splash around for a couple minutes and realize Adam is looking at me. "What?" I cover my body embarrassed. "I love seeing you happy."
     We lay on the sunny beach with the sort sand between our toes, as we see a vibrant rainbow across the sky. "Beautiful."

🌼🌼🌼

     Adam and I stroll along the sidewalk talking about our perfect families and friends. Then I wake up, in the now dirty sports car we have been traveling in for days now. I wait for the day we will finally be free from Xander and his fucking gang.