Chapter 14

June's POV

     We ended up staying at a decent hotel for the night in Arcata, California... I know, trashy. We took out the rubbery blow up mattress and thin large thin blanket. Adam took out the automatic blow up thing and turned in on with a flick. We talk as it was blowing up, about what was going to happen tomorrow. There was one small TV, which sadly only had one channel, and had Blues Clues on.
     As we crawled onto the mattress it bounced like a balloon under our weight but didn't pop.
     As he fell asleep I whispered "I love you." I didn't expect a response but heard him mumble a quiet "I love you too."

🌼🌼🌼

     I could smell coffee and strong syrup through my stuffy nose. My eyes opened and Adam was laying out some syrupy McDonald's pancakes on a plate and coffee I into a mug. He spotted me with my eyes open, and brought me the mouthwatering food. "Thanks."
     Still slightly sleepy from staying up pretty late, I drank the perfect coffee and shared a pancake with Adam.
     "Where are we going today?" I asked groggily. He smiled "I was thinking we could go into the nicer part of town and see the carnival before Cancer catches up with us."  Smile spread across my face, as his eyes lit up seeing how happy I am.

🌼🌼🌼

     With Adam holding my hand, and cotton candy in the other, I feel ecstatic. We get on a ferris wheel and just as we reach the top I kiss Adam like there's no tomorrow. Soon we're back at the bottom and we have to get off. Adam wins me an epic stuffed dragon, and we play a couple arcade games, and then I see him, he's looking for someone with his dead eyes, I know its me. "Come on Adam let's go." He looks at me seriously. "Did you see him" I look to my black converse. "Yep." He tugs on my hand and drags me out of the arcade to the car. "Let's go."