The Landing

It was dark, quiet, and it seemed to be rather still as Gray and Benji awaited the movement of their crate. Benji was fidgeting but Gray was silent, his ears listening for the belts to turn on. "We will come out of the crate once we are on the supply truck. Then, we will get our bearings, find out the name of the city and track down the girl. Let's just hope she isn't in any trouble." Benji scoffed. "This girl is trouble if you ask me. What makes you so sure she will come with us? And if I may add, come with us TO SPACE?"
Gray chuckled then placed a hand on Benji's shoulder. "You worry too much." The expression on Benji's face turned to one of stern disappointment. "With your shenanigans, it would be worse if I didn't worry for both of our safety." Gray opened the crate and peered out at the dark hull. Suddenly, the door opened and the two unloading men came in. "I suppose the base camp will be needing these now. The Chief Commander wants us to inventory things once we get there." A man's voice rang deeply and vibrated the box. "What all goes to base and I can sort it," came a younger man. The two talked about boxes and it was apparent their crate was not going to base camp.
    Benji looked at Gray who seemed a bit ticked off. As Gray plotted more, Benji tried to think of how to dispose of the barf bag properly. It had began to smell rather rancid. After a few more moments and Gray finally hatching an idea, he felt the box moving. "We're on the truck..." Benji nodded. "I suppose we were needed at base after all." The two were silent as they escaped the box.