Chapter 3

One more filler chapter and then stuff will get interesting! Sorry :)

A loud bell startled me from my afternoon nap. After I had finished unpacking the majority of my bags, I permitted myself to a short nap. I glanced at the time and noticed that it was already 5:45. I had overslept for forty five minutes. Another sound was emitted from the loud speaker, this time it was a voice.

"Ladies, this is Molly Douglas, your sorority leader. You may have met me when you came to redeem your key from me earlier this afternoon. I wish you all the warmest welcome. You are expected to attend our very first sorority meeting in five minutes, to clarify all rules that are put in place by the campus leaders and I. Don't forget, five minutes! Ill see you in the living room!"

I groaned and rolled around, to inspect my surroundings. I jumped once again when I noticed my room mate sitting cross legged on my bed, staring at me intently.

"You're finally awake! I've been watching you since I came in here which must have been 15 minutes ago. At first I was curious as to what you looked like but then I thought you were dead so I panicked slightly and then I heard you breathe and I realized how stupid I was and now that you're awake that's all good, thankfully. " she cast me a bright smile and then stuck a hand out for me to shake. "I'm Ally by the way, nice to meet you. And you are?"

"Sydney Evans" I replied shaking her hand. She was one eccentric person.

"Well I don't know if you heard the announcement but I'll be heading down to the lounge." And with that she left the room.

I groaned once more and abandoned the warmth of my bed before heading to the bathroom to tidy my appearance up slightly.

There was nothing lovely about my face. Behind my square glasses were dark brown eyes that just looked like black to me. My lashes were short, my lips were chapped, and not one pimple cream could help cure my disastrous case. The only maybe decent feature was my hair. Deep chestnut brown that stopped just below my rib cage. Although it would never last a day in place. A ponytail is insufficient to keep it clean and sleek.

My phone buzzed on the bathroom counter, indicating that I had a text message from my mother. But before I clicked to open the message, I noticed that it was already 5:49, and I had to be in the lounge room any minute.

***

"I would refer to you as girls but you're none of that anymore, you're ladies, or women if you prefer. This year will be the 50th anniversary of this sorority house, first established by my grandmother, Jodie Grey. She founded this house to show the aspiring qualities of us young women, so we can be successful and bright all throughout our college years, and we shall not deceive her." Molly finished her speech, obviously very proud of her past generations. Applause rang through the room as all the girls wore bright smiles on their faces. Molly raised her hand to silence us all and proceeded with her speech.

"Of course, we all know that with the fun of a sorority come rules that we are obligated to follow, unless we chose the face the unspeakable consequences." She said, glaring at each and everyone one of us to emphasize on her words. "Firstly, do not, and I repeat do not, ever, get left alone with one of those boys." She pointed her long slim finger towards the house across the street. It seemed abandoned to me but according to Molly, 30 boys lived in that house. "In there are the cockiest, drunkest, rudest, druggist boys out there. Ladies from sorority number five cannot be found sleeping with them. EVER! Or you will face expulsion of our sorority for giving a despicable image of sorority no5."

She was talking with such aggression, it seemed that she was ready to pounce on the first one that would lay a hand on any of us girls.

Molly proceeded to explain all the other rules that seemed pretty general. No alcohol, no drugs, no smoking etc...

Once she was finished threatening us with the consequences of breaking the rules, we all proceeded to the dining hall. I could not thank mum any more for finding a sorority house with a chef that cooked two meals a day. And they were delicious too. Half way through the meal, Molly had once again risen to her podium to say something else.

"Ladies, I would like you to take a minute to look behind you, at that horrid frat house. The boys who have previously partied last night are setting up for a new one, which we WILL NOT be attending. You have the authorization of attending only a few of their parties, if you are in a group of at least five sorority girls."

As soon as she finished all the 25 sorority girls turned their heads at the same time to look at the boys. The boys noticed and waved back laughing. Us girls didn't know what to expect so we remained looking at them as if they were zoo animals. Jodie on the other hand stuck her middle finger up for the boys to see through our wide crystals windows. The boys reciprocated the gesture and walked inside chuckling. Molly let out a shriek before slopping back down into her chair angrily.