Chapter 6: First day in school

Chris opened the door for me to his black Audi and let me get in and even tried to lean over and buckle my seatbelt. "Thanks" I said trying to pretend that it didn't annoy me that he thought I needed help for that. In a second he sat right beside me in the drivers seat ready to go. He started the engine and the Audi which was apparently a 'racer', gave off a loud broom before he took off. Something tells me that Chris is not a scaredy cat.

He turned to face me while driving out of the driveway even though i preferred his eyes on the road where he is actually driving a very fast car. He smiled at me and looked back at the road before looking back at me. "So Violetta, you like it here in Windfalls?" he stated as if it wasn't really a question, even though I knew that he wanted an answer. I thought of lying, saying that all was good, it would be so easy. "Oh no, what's the matter?" he asked worried, he must have taken my pause as a bad sign, which in honesty it was.

"Come on, you can tell me?" he begged to get answers, but I don't know this guy, I only just met him. "You can trust me" and that is the moment I knew I had lost this battle. I shook my head in surrender and looked down. He looked back at the road and then at me, back and forth. "it's not that I don't like it here", "but you don't" he cut me off. I rolled my eyes at him almost annoyed that he just HAD to interrupt me when I am actually trying to tell him something really important. "I didn't say that! We didn't leave under the best circumstances" I tried my best to wrap the truth inside a nice safe bubble. After all I do not know if i can trust this Chris-guy or not.

He looked like he understood my sorrow, he couldn't possibly. "Your mom missed Windfalls?". That took me off guard. I turned towards him giving him my full attention. What is my mom's connection to this city anyway... maybe this is my chance to get answers. If I asked directly he would deny just as he did at home.

"How do you know my mom?" I asked making a plan for making him explain. He wrinkled his eyes together saying stupid-question-dummy "we're in the same..." he stopped and gave me a toothy smile "sneaky". I smiled flirtingly back at him. This game is not over yet!

"Do you have anything to hide?" I asked, "no" he laughed and faced the road again. Something was completely wrong here, I am missing something. I knew instantly that Windfalls is a city of secrets and my life here would be like a lone wolf.

The rest of the way was without any communication. He is hiding something for me and honestly that got me so excited, a mystery to solve. He drove into a parking lot in front of my school, seeing the sign, mind raced as hell... West University College, this had to be a joke?!

He stepped out of the car and opened my door  for me"there you go princess" he smiled devilish at me. "Thanks... I guess" I muttered and followed him inside the school. There were so many students, but I have been here before, so why am I even surprised. They all looked at me like I was the new toy. Chris followed me , always staying by my side as we walked the hallways. He did not take his eyes off me, it was kinda awkward walking there without any words said between us. Chris smiled and looked down, I didn't get it, and then out of the blue "Hey I'm Caroline".

I turned to see this blonde girl smiling directly at me, the biggest smile i have ever seen. She looks like a little rainbow. Chris glared at the newcomer, 'Caroline' "give her a break Caroline, don't scare her". Everything is better than being stuck with Chris, "Violetta, just call me Vi" I introduced myself to her. "It is so nice to finally meet you, I see you met Chris, if you are smart stay away from him" she glared at Chris and smiled to me, a bitch fight? Caroline grabbed my arm and dragged me along with her away from Chris. "A##hole" she muttered to thinking that I wouldn't hear it. Hopefully it was directed to Chris and not me. She kept walking and making turns and up and down and around. I was lost, completely lost. If she let go of me I would never find my way out of here again.