Story 5

"Here," I hold out my heart to him it was glass, delicate as ever. The glass was red and thin. He smiled at me. He placed his warm hands under mine and I place it in his palms.
"What's this for?" He asked, pulling his hands closer to get a better look.
"Oh nothing, I just wanted you to have it." The floor under my bear feet was cold, my face, especially my cheeks, were hot. He smiled and turned it over in his hands. He winked at me. He put the glass in one hand. He bounced it to his other.
"B-Be careful... Please." I reach for it, trying to help him hold it.
He laughed and held in both his hands. I relaxed a little bit. He looked up, then at the glass heart.
"No..." I say knowing what he was thinking. Don't throw it. He took that beautiful, elegant, delicate glass heart and he threw it upwards. My hands reach up trying to grab it, but he catches it. Oh, goodness, I fell to my knees, and sat on my shins. He smiles,
"Do you really trust me?"
I smiled softly, "yes-"
"Stay there then" he took five steps back.
"What will you do-" my eyes widen. "No...please.."
"C'mon it'll be fun to watch." He throws up the heart. I put my hands on the ground and push off to stand. I run over and catch the heart, my heart. He laughs and grabs my heart. He throws it again, this time at the ground. He was gone: I've tuned him out. I fall to my knees, the glass heart pieces cutting my shins and knees. He broke my heart. Right in front of me.