New Home

Clary's bags lay at her feet as she looked around her room one last time. Even though she would comeback and visit, it felt as if she were never going to see it again. Luke helped carry her bags out to his truck. "We will miss your company Clary," Luke said giving her a tight hug.

"I'll miss you too Luke, but I'll try to see you everyday after training," Clary said hugging Luke back.

Clary's mom came out of the house and walked up to her daughter giving her a hug and a kiss on the forehead. "I hope this will help you become a better shadowhunter," Jocelyn said smiling.

"I'll make you proud mom and you too Luke," Clary said.

"Alright, let's get to the institute," Luke said getting into his truck and starting up the engine.

"Bye Mom," Clary said hugging her Jocelyn one last time before getting into the truck.

Jocelyn waved at her as Luke drove away, heading to Manhattan. The drive was silent. Clary took this time to think about the training she would receive and if she would be sore by the end of the day. Even though she was a bit scared to train officially as a shadowhunter, she just couldn't hold back her excitement.

Luke parked his truck right in front of the doors of the institute. He got out of his truck and collected Clary's bags. Clary carried her remaining bags and followed Luke into the institute.

Mayrse was reading a book when she heard someone knocking at the doors of the institute. She closed her book and went downstairs to greet the visitor. She opened the doors to see Clary and Luke.

"Hello Luke and Clary," Mayrse said greeting them with a smile.

"Hi Mayrse, can we come inside?"Luke asked as Clary just waved at Mayrse.

"Of course, I will show you where Clary will be staying."

Mayrse walked upstairs with Luke and Clary trailing behind. After climbing three cases of stairs, they turned into a long corridor. "You will be staying next to Isabelle, Clary," Mayrse said opening up one the six doors that lined up against a brown wall. Luke and Clary followed Mayrse into a small room. It had red walls, just like her room at home. But these walls lacked the many drawings that clary had on her old walls. In the middle of the room was a twin bed covered in red sheets with white pillows places near the headboard. Beside the the bed was a white bed stand with a lamp on top. "Do you like the room?" Mayrse asked Clary.

"Yes I do. It's really....red," Clary replied.

"Isabelle said you would like the red color."

Clary nodded and walked around the small room; stopping to look out of one the two large windows of the room. "Hey Clary, do you mind if I head back home," Luke spoke as he placed Clary's bags onto the red bed.

"No Luke, I don't. Thanks for helping me with my bags," Clary said turning to face Luke.

"No problem, I'll see you later Clary," Luke said giving her a hug.

"Bye Luke."

Luke gave a quick wave to Mayrse as he walked out of the room. "Well I hope you'll enjoy your stay here at the institute. Your training will officially begin tomorrow morning at 8. I will give you today to get comfy,"Mayrse said walking towards the door. "oh and if you need me, you can find me in the library." With that she left.

Clary walked over to where her bags sat on the bed. She took all of clothes out and hung them up in a closet that was next to a small bathroom. Then, she placed all of her toiletries into the bathroom. Finally, she took out her photos and drawings. Clary picked one of three vacant red walls to hang them up on. When all of the drawings were up, she started placing the photos onto the wall. Most of the photos were of her and Simon. But there were a few of her and Jace. She was reminded of the pain from her broken heart. Somehow, she had managed to suppress the pain all of last night. No matter how hard she tried to get herself to hate him, she couldn't. There was just something blocking her from doing it. Clary let out a sigh as she hung up the pictures of them.

Clary wondered where Isabelle was. She hadn't seen her when she and Luke had come to the institute. Determined to find her, Clary left her room and walked next door to see of she was in her room. Surely she would have heard all the noise next door though. Sure enough she wasn't in her room. Clary walked further down the hallway looking at the paintings that lined the wall. Suddenly she bumped into something hard. Clary almost fell into her head when something or more like someone caught her. When she looked up, a pair of amber eyes met her green ones. How could she have been so stupid to forget about the institute's other inhabitants? One thing crossed her mind at the moment as that one thing left her lips. "Jace."

Thanks for reading

~AZ Goldrose