Guardian Angel

Jace was standing in the living room listening to Sebastian talk to Valentine. He was tired after having an internal battle with himself. His conscious was slowly starting to fade. But he tried his hardest to keep it alive. It was all he had left. His mind wandered to the others. He was worried about Isabelle, Alec, Magnus and especially Clary. Clary, he thought to himself. Jace felt the need to punch a wall. She just gave him a chance to prove himself and now she was taken away from him. Maybe this was his chance to prove himself and be her guardian angel. It would take all of his strength in order to keep his conscious mind awake. Sebastian turned to Jace."I see you have come to rescue our sister."

Jace became tense. "She's not my sister."

"Why of course she is. I am your brother as she is your sister."

"You haven't really been a brother to me as far as I can tell."

Sebastian's jaw tightened. Valentine took this chance to step between them . "I would like it if you two didn't fight. Not now at least."

Sebastian continued to glare at Jace. Jace stared back. No matter what, he would try to keep his conscious mind active as long as possible.

**********

"We have to leave this place." Clary sat her bed, thinking of ways to escape.

"Will the window work?" Isabelle suggested.

Clary walked over to the tall window and pushes it open slightly. She put her hand out. To her satisfaction, there wasn't some kind of force field surrounding it. "Yea, I think we can try and leave through the window."

"What about Jace?" Alec asked.

"We're going to have to leave him here. It's too risky trying to get him to come with us. Plus he's bound to Valentine, which means his in Valentine's watch zone."

"Are you guys ready?" Isabelle asked already ready to climb out of the window.

Alec and Clary walked over to the window and climbed out. Once everyone was out, Clary turned around and shut the window. An open window was basically asking to get caught.

Alec, Isabelle, and Clary ran across the rooftops, jumping every now and then. Clary secretly thanked her shadowhunter training because less out of breath and more flexible. They jumped off into a bush. Alec got up and scanned the area. He motioned for Isabelle and Clary to follow him. They were in the forest where Alec was captured. He went over to the river, looking around. The three of them were walking through the trees when a noise caused them to stop. It had come from behind one of the trees they passed. Alec cautiously walked over it and jumped at whatever was behind the tree. He secretly wished he had his bow with him. The thing screamed and tumbled to the ground with Alec on top. The scream was human. "Alec?"

"Magnus?"

They looked at each other. Alec quickly got off of Magnus who had a smirk on his face.

"Why are you smirking when we were worried sick about you? Where were you?"

"I was here all this time. One moment I was at the creek, then you were gone."

"Well I heard something in the forest.."

"And you didn't even bother to tell me?"

Alec looked at the ground. "I'm sorry."

Magnus shook his head. "No I'm sorry for leaving the creek. I should have stayed there and waited for you to come back."

A small smile appeared on Alec's face. Magnus smiled back and pulled his boyfriend into a tight hug. "I'm so glad that you're okay."

Clary and Isabelle approached them. "Magnus?" Clary asked.

"The one and only," he said turning away from Alec. "So anyone want to tell me what happened?"

Clary told him everything that had happened and Isabelle filled in the parts about getting captured by Valentine. Then, Alec explained how he was taken. Magnus nodded. "Well it's going to take a lot of magic to summon an angel."

"We were hoping that you could help us." Clary said.

"Well I am a warlock after all."

"So you'll help us?" Isabelle asked.

"All I seem to do is help you shadowhunters. Alright, let's go summon ourselves an angel."

******************

I had a wonderful first week back at school, minus all the work. Anyone else starting school soon? Anyways ,thank you to all of my lovely readers and to anyone who has left a nice comment. One thing: Is this story getting boring? I feel that my writing isn't that exciting. idk, maybe that's just me. See you next Friday :)

Thanks again!!!
AZ Goldrose