Rescue plan

Jace stood behind the bathroom door trying to open it. Suddenly the door popped open. He walked in and didn't see Sebastian or Clary. The room looked as if nothing had happened. Jace walked out and back in hoping that Sebastian or Clary would just reappear. "Are you okay?" a voice asked from behind Jace.

"Uh yea, I was just leaving," Jace replied walking past a faerie girl.

Once outside of Takis, Jace briskly walked back to the institute. He wondered how in the world Sebastian and Clary could have just disappeared like that. He was sure black magic had to play a big part in how they vanished.

Jace pushed the doors of the institute open and ran over to the elevator. The doors soon opened and Jace hurriedly made his way to Isabelle's room. "What's wrong?" Isabelle questioned Jace who had thrown her door open.

"Well two things are wrong," Jace said as he paced back and forth. He did this often when he was frustrated. "First, Sebastian is alive."

"What?! How? I thought you killed him?" Isabelle jumped up from from her spot on her bed and walked over to Jace.

"I thought I did too. Obviously I didn't."

"It just can't be. What's the second?"

"Sebastian took Clary away," Jace bluntly replied. It was obvious that he was upset because of it.

"Did you try to stop Sebastian?"

"Of course, but..." Jace thought how he was going to explain to Isabelle that he was kicked out of a bathroom and then walked back in to see that Sebastian and Clary were no where to be found.
"I don't know exactly how I can explain what happened. You might not believe me."

"Trust me, I will believe anything if I believe that Sebastian is alive."

"Well Clary had to go to the bathroom and was taking a long time to get back. I went to go see if she was ok and saw that Sebastian was in there with her. I fought Sebastian so Clary could get out but he kicked me out of the bathroom. When I went back in, no one was there."

"Black magic. It has to be," Isabelle said with a nod.

"I know that's what I think. Sebastian seems to be the type who would use that stuff."

"Do you think Magnus could help track where they went?" Isabelle asked hopeful.

"Yes. He is a warlock after all."

"Let's go, maybe Alec will already be there," Isabelle said with a sly smile.

***************
Isabelle and Jace hurried down the street of which Magnus' apartment was located. They spotted the building and walked in. Isabelle knocked on his mahogany door and it opened to reveal her brother. "Told you he would be here," Isabelle said turning to Jace then back to her brother.

"What are you two doing here? Is there something wrong?" Worry filled Alec's blue eyes.

"I'll explain inside," Jace said pushing Isabelle into the apartment. The interior design was very modern. There were two black leather couches and a flat screen TV in the living area. "Nice place," Jace said taking a seat on one of the leather couches.

"Thanks, I was feeling quite modern today." Magnus walked out of his kitchen to the three shadowhunters who had taken a seat in his living room.
"What can the great and powerful Magnus do for you today?"

"We need your help in rescuing Clary,"Jace told him. He repeated what he told Isabelle to Magnus and Alec. Silence filled the room and remained until Alec spoke. "So you think it's black magic?"

"Yes," Jace nodded.

"There's a possibility black magic has been used. It's not everyday you walk back into a place where you just saw two people to see they aren't there anymore," Magnus said

"Can you perform a tracking spell to find out where they are?"

"I could try. But from what you said, Sebastian might have put a spell that prevents anyone from finding them."

"I need to go back to the institute so I let you use something of Clary's," Jace said walking to the door.

"Let's all go, I do miss being in the institute," Magnus said.

"Sure you do Magnus," Isabelle said.

****************

Sebastian showed Clary where she would be staying. The room was actually a nice room. There were two long windows with white curtains it provided as a natural light source for the room. The room was a cool blue color. "I have to admit this room is actually a nice room," Clary said.

"Only the best for family," Sebastian said. "I have something I need to take care of, I'll be back in a hour."

Sebastian left Clary alone in her room. She walked over to the window and saw that they were in what looked like the stereotypical Italian country side. She saw Sebastian scurrying down a road and disappear. Clary let out a sigh and decided to look around the room. She opened up a closet. There were lots of clothes neatly hung with shoes on the floor. She pulled out a blouse and realized it looked to be about her size. Clary put the blouse away and walked into a small bathroom. In the bathroom there was a small bath, a sink, a small toilet. The bathroom brought back what had happened earlier. She wondered if Jace was going to try to find her. He would if he still truly loved her.

Thanks a lot for reading!!! Hope your enjoying the story!!!

~AZ Goldrose