Chapter 3

Sorry for any spelling or grammer mistakes. Please tell me what you think. Sorry if this chapter is a little intense, but you have to understand this because when I tell Layla's background later in the story you wil have to know this.

Its about 3:00 in the afternoon and we are just outside of the Midnight Sun territory. Dad said that we would meet the alpha at 5. As we pulled up to the pack territory we came across a large gate/tower thingie. This place had some serious security. A big guy with a big gun came and

met us. He asked a few questions, then sent us on our way.

When we arrived at the pack house I noticed only one thing, there house was so so tiny! It was strangely small for a pack house. I knew this pack wasn't large but I certainly didn't think it would be this small. We parked the car, got our stuff, and headed inside. Just before we got to the front door a guy probably in his mid 30's stopped and asked to check our bags.

"Excuse me I need to see what is in your bag there miss" He stated bluntly. No way was I letting the guy see my stuff. Especially my girl stuff.

" Nope I'm good. " I said. I was praying he would just let me go, but no we have to do this the hard way don't we.

" No exceptions miss I need to see inside you bag."

"No" I clearly stated.

" Miss I don't have time for games, either you let me see whats inside your bag or you don't want to see my punishment." He said in a voice that was so obvious that he didn't like getting told by a little girl. I was thinking oh no you didn't. You don't mess with a kid with alpha genes unless you're asking for trouble. Just to edge him on and see what his "punishment" would be I decided to play the little rebel role.

" Read my lips N-O" His face was turning red. He had had it with me. Oh this was going to get good.

" Well you asked for it." Just as quickly as he said that he slapped me across the face.

" What the crap!" I screamed. Ok just don't cry. Don't cry. I can't believe he just did that. It hurt really bad. Don't cry. Oh he just messed with he wrong girl. My wolf was stirring inside of me. She was asking if she could have control and to let him have it. The worst part about it was the guy just stood the laughing and the second worst part was my dad. He just stood there like he had no idea what was even going on. Ok now I was mad. So I did what any normal person would do.

Punch- Slap- Kick- Whack. Score he was up against a tree in about 3 seconds flat. Yeah thats right don't mess with me. I was about to go in for the last punch when something caught my fist.

"Hey what the heck" I yelled. I was obviously still on my little rampage. I was about ready to kill anyone who stood in my way.

"Your father was right, you are a feisty one. " Nick, the alpha, said.

" Excuse me who are you?" I stated clearly wanted to know why this guy was letting his friend here het away with hitting a girl

" I am Nick Jose the alpha of The Midnight Sun pack." He exclaimed acting like that was something to be proud of. It so wasn't. The pack is extremely small with a bunch of lunies. The pack wasn't always bad, actually I can remember a time when they were quite powerful. All that changed when the alpha lost his mate. She died from cancer and he has never been the same. Most pack member left but some stayed loyal. Those who did regret it. He went crazy. He was mean to the women of the pack and killed the men for with no purpose. The only reason the high council didn't get involved was because he threatened to kill everyone in his pack, which was still about 100 or members.

"So" I stated. Although I had never met him I instantly knew I hated him for what he did.

"Learn your place you stupid little girl. " He said right before I felt his fist connect with my face. What on earth is wrong with this pack. Great now I'm going to have a black eye. Just great.

" Now that you have learn your place hand over your bag for inspection." He stated.

" No"

"What"

"You heard me No"

" Maybe you need to be taught a lesson once again." His statement didn't even register because I felt him kick my right leg as hard as he could. I felt the bon snap. I screamed out in pain. I knew it would be healed in a couple of days but that didnt stop it from hurting.

"Now I will ask you one more time, will you give me your bag for inspection. And I don't suggest you say no because this time I won't be so nice when it comes to punishments."

his voice was so hard and cold, I didn't want to but I didn't know how much more of this I could take so I reluctantly agreed.

"Fine here"

" Ah she learned her lesson" he took my bag and started going through it. When he came to my electronics he took them and dropped them in a puddle there was just beside the house. He said that I could not have any connection with anyone unless they said so. He finally gave me my bag back and led me to a small room, which he told me I would be staying in. He also said I would be starting school at River View High School on Monday. After he left I went to the bathroom to look at my new scars I had on my face. Luckily because I'm a werewolf the black eye and red hand print should be gone by tomorrow night at the latest. And hopefully my broken leg would be healed by Sunday. I had some serious thinking to do. Firstly my leg hurt really bad so I rested it on a few dusty pillow I found around the room. The room was in need of some serious TLC. Maybe I'll be able to get all unpacked by Sunday night. Considering it was Friday night that would be plenty of time for my leg to heal. But my leg healing and getting unpacked was the least of my problems. On Monday I'd be going back to school. Oh lovely school.