Chapter 4

Thank you anyone who has stuck with this story for this long. Your contribution is greatly appreciated. Thanks again. Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes.

Monday came around much sooner than I thought. My black eye was gone. My leg was still a bit sore but I could walk. I had gotten most of my stuff unpacked on sunday and last night I had started cleaning the place up when I realized sleep was never going to come. I had everything ready for tomorrow, but I was extremely nervous. Around 4:45ish I finally fell asleep, only to be awaken by my alarm clock at 6 o'clock. I got up and made my bed then I went to the bathroom, took a shower, and put on my brunette wig. Yes you heard me wig. I have to wear a wig along with color contacts to protect my identity. If the Black Alpha's( a strong pack) found me I probably wouldn't be able to protect myself. Also since Im going to the school where all my old pack goes, lets just say if they found out that Im back it would be chaotic. I was ready by 7:00 .Yeah I'm fast. I went to the pack kitchen and grabbed a apple for the walk to school.

It took me a good thirty minutes to walk to school. Gosh I had forgotten how big this school really was. I was about ten minutes early. I took that extra time to go to the office, get my schedule, and do a bit of exploring. When I got to the office I was meet by a sweet receptionist.

"Hi how can I help you?" She stated sweetly.

" Um I'm new here. My name is Rosalinda Lopez." I was going by a cover name so I would be harder to fine if the wrong person was looking that is.

" Yes right here." The receptionist pulled a sheet of paper out from the printer and handed it to me.

"Thank you" I said.

" May I ask you a question?" She asked.

" Sure I said." I had no clue what she was going to ask. What if she was a spy? What if she was working with the Black Alphas? My heart started beating faster and I felt a drop of sweat on my forehead. Oh I hope it wasn't noticeable.

"How old are you?" She asked. I felt a sweep of relief wash over me. I tend to get paranoid very easily. I didn't when I was little but something about having people out there who want you dead seems to do that to a person.

"I'm 13." I said

"Then why are you in high school? And why are you a sophomore?"

" I skipped a couple grades when I was little" I said. That wasn't completely true, but she didn't need to know my whole life story. The truth is that when I was 3 my family noticed I was different. Not only had I already begun to shift, I was showing a extreme talent in academics and in sports. My parents had me tested and it obviously showed that I was greatly gifted.

I left the office and made my way to my new locker. I got the stuff I needed for my first class and started to explore. I looked at anything new they added to the school. I knew my way around really well because all my brothers and pack had gone to school here, so naturally I spent a lot of time at the high school. The one thing though that really caught my attention was the memorial they placed outside of the school. It was a statue of me and my brothers. All of them. It said; To a loving family. May your presents always remain at this school. In memory of Greyson Herefield. 8/7/94- 6/24/10. That broke my heart that they did that for my brother. I missed him so much. The memory of his death still haunts me. The early bell rang bringing me out of my thoughts and back to reality. I had ten minutes to get to first hour. As I was walking in the hallways I saw yet another thing that amazed me. They had retired all of my brothers football jerseys. I only had a minute to admire what they had done for my brothers. I picked up my pace a little as I noticed I only had about 30 seconds left to get to class. I made it in right as the bell rang and I quickly took a seat in the back. Oh there they are, all sitting in there group. Some how I just new they would be the populars in high school. I am talking about my best friends over there. They are sitting on their desks like they own the place. They we all the nice kind of popular. I sure a few snotty ones had joined the group, but that can only be expected. We were all best friends when I was little. I liked to hang out with older kids because of my intelligence. Kids my age just annoyed the heck out of me. Though when I chose my friend I didn't want kids so old that they didn't want to play anymore. So as my friends I choose kids about 3-4 years older than me. They didn't mind. I don't think they even noticed because of how mature I was. That was the way I liked it. It was hard sitting over here knowing that you can't sit with them.

The teacher had just walked in and he was taking role. When he came across my name he did the whole" oh look class we have a new student thing" Worst part of all he asked me to come up to the front and introduce my self.

"Ok well hi my name is Rosalinda, but you can call me Rosie. I moved here from Montana and thats about it....."

I said trailing off at the end. I didn't know what else to say. The teacher said welcome and he hoped I liked it here at River View. The rest of the class went by pretty uneventfully. So did my morning classes. I met a few new people. Well not new to me but I was sure new to them. I wasn't trying to make a bunch of friends because I didn't want anyone to recognize me. I thought I was doing pretty good that is until lunch came around.

A/N I just wanted to let you know that I am really bad at remembering details. So if I forget something or type something wrong then please forgive me and let me know. Please vote and comment. It means a lot to me!