band geeks: the war between brass and woodwinds

"Kitty, that's an A flat in measure six," Emily told me. Emily is my best friend since we first started the band program, along with Anastasia, Destiny, Nicky, and Nicholas.

   "No. The key change starts in measure six so that means its an A natural now."

"Oh...just be quiet and lets practice our music for UIL."

I giggled. As we played our flutes to the end of the song, the door to the band room swung open and Nickolas ran in. He huffed and weezed as he spoke. "Brass...coming....band room...want..lets go..." he says as he weezed and coughed from running down the hallway.

I looked at Emily who's eyes seemed to be on fire.

"We are not going anywhere. We face the brass players like real woodwinds. We got this band room first so im not going without a fight. Ya'll with me?"

"Ok," Nicholas agreed. They both looked at me. I sighed and nodded. We stood there looking at the door...waiting. Suddenly, it popped open and in came Deanna, a tronbone player, with Julio and Alejandro, two trumpet players.

   Oh and incase you dont know what brass and woodwinds are, brass are instruments that have mouth pieces that look like bells and woodwinds are naturally made out of wood.

    "Get out of our band room!" Deanna commanded.

   "We were here first!" emily yelled. "So? This is the best band room in the whole building so the brass players should get it!"

"No! The woodwinds should. We have the softest sound and it has to be solid in order fot it to be gracefull and we cant do that unless we practice in this room!"

"Well us brass players have really big instruments so we are going to need a big room like this to play!"

"Our sound is more important!"

"No ours is!"

Back and forth emily and deanna went fighting for the room.

  "Emily, c'mon. Its just a band room. There are like 30 of them here. Im pretty sure we will make due of one of them , " I begged. Emily looked at me like I was crazy. But then she saw that I wasnt in the mood for listening to another fight about who gets the best band room. She sighed and nodded.

  "Fine, you can have the band room.. for now, "

Deanna smiled. "I knew you would give up, "  She laughed.

   As we went out the door, I looked back and saw Julio. His eyes seemed to say I'm sorry. I shot him a lil corner smile to tell him it was ok. I turned and left to the hallway.

Hey!! hope you liked this part of the story!! Comment please and tell me what i should fix so i can become a better writer. I am terrably sorry for my spelling. i will update soon. Again please comment and hope u like my writeing and tell ur friends. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D