The calling

Over the years, Jack has ruled the world, in his own way. He played snowball fights with children and caused snow days. And he was unbelievably good by causing trouble. But despite the glorious amount of fun, he always had. Not a single child has ever saw him. Jack stood on top of a rooftop and looked up to the moon. He stared at it for a moment before he said anything. In a way, he can relate to the moon. Even on the brightest day when the sun shined the brightest you can still see the moon in the sky. It is faint but it is always there, watching over. Jack was the faint side of the moon. But he didn't know why.

Why had the moon, chose him? There are other people out there, but why him? It was a question he asked for 300 years and still, the moon did not answer.

"I have tried everything! But still...no one has seen me. What am I suppose to do?" Jack grip his staff upwards and looked to the moon for answer. But still the pale moon was silent. Jack sighed as he turned away from the moon.

You haven't looked in the right place yet... The voice was faint and sounded a bit feminine. It couldn't possibly be the man of the moon...Could it?

"Who's there?" Jack questioned looking around. A single white feather floated in front of him, he watched it dance around his head and upwards into the sky.

This way.... The voice was breathy has the wind carried the feather across the night sky.

"What?-Hey wait!" Jack then pushed of from the root top and the wind carried him into the sky behind the single feather.

The view never looked so beautiful, stars glittered in the night sky as Jack soared up into the puffy white clouds. He was airborne floating along side the mysterious white feather. The wind carried the feather downwards out of the clouds and into the treetops of the forest.

"I can't believe I am following a feather." Jack murmured as he descended downwards out of the clouds and just over the tree tops. He watched the feather then disappear into a dark gap in the trees. Jack followed the feather downwards and found a path. The feather just floated above the forest floor, waiting for him.

"This is so weird." He said as he placed his feet firmly beneath the forest floor. The feather then swayed and into a wall of vines. Like a curtain, Jack pushed the vines over and pass through. The feather then hovered upwards as Jack emerged out of the forest and into a large out space. But it was enclosed, by large walls of rock. And there standing alone he saw the tall tower.

"What do you suppose that is?" He asked out loud. Jack looked over the feather and watched it soared upwards, "Hey!-Come back!"

The feather landed gently on top of the tower of the roof. Jack planted his feet downwards as the feather was sent to the air, "I don't know what you are, or what you are doing but guiding me to a empty tower isn't going to help me!" The feather guided down and landed by his foot. The feather was lifeless. Jack sighed and rolled his eyes turning around to take off until, "RAPUNZEEELLLLLLL!!!"

Jack lend forwards to see an older woman at the bottom of the tower, who was hidden by a cloak.

"Someone lives...here?" Jack said in wonder.

A child nearly the age of six or seven came on out to the window. Jack couldn't determine what she looked like, because he only saw the top of her golden head.

"I GOT YOU YOUR FAVORITE!" The older woman held up a basket.

The child clapped with excitement. The old woman nodded her head as she open a trap door and walked up the stairs. Jack hopped down and into the window. He sat firmly and landed on his staff. The child made a fire by a fireplace, and Jack couldn't believe his eyes.

This child was beautiful, her long Golden hair descended onto the floor. Her bright green eyes shined so bright, full of hope and dreams. Suddenly the trap door open from underneath and the old woman emerged from the floor.

"Mommy, your back!" The child cheered as she wrapped her little arms around the woman's waist.

"Rapunzel...It's time." The woman spoke.

The little girl stepped back as her head full to her side, "Oh...Oh okay."

The woman walked over to the chair in front of the fire, and sat down after taking her cloak off. The small child walked over and sat beneath her as the old woman brushed her hair.

"Rapunzel!" The old women sang, "You're not singing!"

The child named Rapunzel sighed as she took a breath and sang.

"Flower, Gleam and glow...Let your power shine..."

Jack's eye's were amazed, the little girl's hair began to glow!

"Make the clock reverse, Bring back what want was mine. What wants was mine...." As the old woman's fingers ran through her hair her hands began to reverse in age. The woman wasn't old any longer. She was given the gift of being ageless and beautiful.

"Why can't I go outside?" Rapunzel asked gently.

"Rapunzel, you know why you can't go outside. Out there, the world is a dangerous place. You are safe and sound, in here." The woman said.

"Oh...Okay."

Jack was puzzled, why on earth, would that creepy old lady keep a child inside....forever!? Jack's eye's widen. "maybe...maybe, if I can make her believe in me...Then I can show her the world!" Jack said smiling. He turn and jump on top of the roof, But what if there are other children, like her. Who has never heard of snow or winter. If I can reach out to those other children, people can start to believe in me!

Jack smiled and pushed off from the roof, "YAAAAWWWHHHHOOOO!"

"Then That's what I will do!"