Chocolate Cake

Tris POV

"No Christina, I don't want to go." I whine as I talk on the phone to my best friend.

"Oh come on Tris, I know you want too." Christina pushes, I can imagine the smirk on her face. It's spring break and for the last couple of weeks or so, Christina has been telling or more like yelling at me to get out more.

Starting school it will be our last year at high school so Christina has been pushing us a lot for us to do more.

"No" I say plainly, only I think the smile on my lips just gave me away. I get up from my bed and walk to my window seat. I know the view straight ahead from me is just another house but if you sit at one side and look out, you have a secret killer view which is what I did. I sat down, still with the phone to my ear and listen to Christina talk on and on. That was until I broke, mentally.

"Okay! Christina I love you dearly but shut up. I'll go with you okay just stop talking" I know that everyone thinks Christina is good with people, but I just think she talks until she gets the person to do what she wanted. A very loud high pitched squeal is then heard from the other end of the phone and I can't stand it. She starts talking about what we are going to wear, and what type of shoes, I just hang up on her.

Getting up I go back to my bed and get the half eaten slice of chocolate cake and head down stairs. I'm not going to say I have a lot, our family is okay. I guess. My father use to work for the government but he died after being shot while protecting Chicago's representative or mayor if you want. But we still get payed even though my father doesn't work any more considering but the mayor insisted that it's the least he could do, so we accept it.

My mother stays at home. Our 'mayor's' wife died a couple of years ago so our mother offered to cook their meals. It was either that or his son had too, but my mother is what some people might call selfless.

So, I walk down the stairs to the kitchen where I finish my cake. And that's where I hear it, the misunderstood back street boys.

Yes you might be thinking what? But yes it's what I decided to call my brother's deranged friends. You have the muscles and his little brother pansy. They aren't that bad but still, they're Zeke and Uriah. Then we have Will, he has been playing Christina for a while and I don't like him and he knows it. But then that brings us to Four, where do I begin. Well he doesn't talk to me and when he does it's an insult. Let's just say I stay away from them whenever they come over.

So when all of them walked in to the kitchen, remembering that I have cake in my mouth. I just swallow my cake and stick my head in the fridge looking for food. But I'm a teenager and there may be food in front of me but I see nothing. I knew that the boys were coming so I decide just to stay there and look like I'm looking for something.

I can hear their laughter and then silence. I move and look over my shoulder to the boys and gag when they just stand there like I'm some unknown creature.

"Oh hey Tris" Zeke says happily, all the others just stare at me. I widen my eyes and shake my head.

"Sorry we thought you were out with your friend getting ready for the party tonight." Caleb says with confusion in his voice.

"What party" I say with annoyance clear in my voice, their still starring at me.

"The one we're having at Zeke and Uriah's" I give my brother a questionable look. "For New Years. Will invited Christina." I glare at Will as I turn and grab a bottle of water and make my way out of the kitchen. Making sure I knock shoulders with Four on the way out.

When I get into my bedroom. I sit on my bed as I text Christina with a simple message. 'I'm going to the party'.....

Hi everyone this is a story I had in limbo in another account and I wanted to see if anyone is interested in me continuing it. Please let me know!!