Mother Knows Best

As much as I would like to admit I was disappointed with idea that my dream, was in fact a dream. I was happy that no one knew, the little thing growing inside me remained my own personal mystery.

I wake to my shoulder being shaken. "Tris dinner is ready." Caleb says softly but monotone. I groan in response, my head pounding as I sit up I rub my head just under the small bandage that had been placed on my head. "Ouch." I mumble as I look up at Caleb with one eye closed. He doesn't look impressed.

He doesn't wait for me to get up before walking out of my room and heading down stairs. I can hear them laughing and talking down stairs and I know that I can't just sit here as much as I would like too. I finally decide to go downstairs.

As I stand I change into shorts and a t-shirt before heading down stairs. I walk down suddenly felling the room get cooler as I feel the back door is open. It was still late afternoon so the sun was still out when I walked into the kitchen. I look over to see my mum in the kitchen behind the kitchen island. When she sees me she smiles and looks lower to my stomach.

"How you feeling?" She says looking back up to meet my eyes. "Fine." I mumble back to her sitting on one of the bar stools under the island. She looks at me for a second longer than I would of liked but when I give her a look she goes back to what she was doing.

"So is he still here?" I ask her as she stirs the sauce on the stove. She looks over her shoulder and smiles wickedly at me as she turns to face me folding her arms over her chest.

"Well if you need to know yes he is and I think his outside with your brother if you want to gawk at him." she laughs just as Caleb and Four walk through the black door. I give her a really look which just makes her laugh louder.

"What did we miss?" Caleb says as he goes and sits on one of the dining chairs. Four takes the seat opposite him facing the kitchen. "Nothing much dinner is ready." Mum said starting plating the food. I get up to help take thing to the table and place them in the middle of the table. Then mum goes and sits in the chair next to Caleb. She smirks triumphantly as she sits in her seat and looks at me expectantly. I unwilling take my seat next to Four.

xxxx

To say that the dinner that followed was awkward was an understatement. I sit talking with mum about useless things until she decides to turn the conversation to Four and Lauren.

"So Four, Caleb tells me you've got a new girlfriend." She says and looks at him waiting for a confirmation. He coughs awkwardly shifting in his seat.

"Yeah I do she's great." He smiles back to her with his perfect smile.

The dinner continued until we were finished and my mother decided it would be a good idea for the four of us to sit down and watch a movie. She asked Four if he was okay to stay for them movie which he said he should really get going but my mother wouldn't take no for an answer and ended up convincing him to stay.

As we take our seats on the couch mum tells us we're going to watch Juno and the look on my face was priceless. I know she's doing this on purpose to get back at me, I know this is my fault. As my mother and Caleb take up both the single chairs my mother points towards the three seater with Four. I shake my head telling her no way but she just frowns and crosses her arms. Annoyed I stand and walk towards her to where she sits in my chair.

"If you don't quit it, I'm not going to speak to you ever again." I tell her quietly and sternly not impressed on the game she's playing. She grabs my hand and drags me into the kitchen.

"Really Tris can't I have a little fun. Don't you feel like the universe is trying to tell you something. Honestly Tris you must not really hate him as much as you want yourself to because they wouldn't of happened." She says yell-whispering pointing to my stomach. I knock her had away because she's pointing for to long.

"He is annoying, arrogant and rude... but I guess your right.".....

First of all I'm super sorry I haven't posted in forever I hope this makes up for it happy holidays.