Finale: Part 1 cont'd

Chapter Nine: Friends & Family

"Well, make up your mind Nii we don't have all day," says Nayeemah while watching me order food.

Today, we were at the movies seeing a cool flick about an alien invasion; We as in Nayeemah, Eyanna, Khayla, and I.

"Look Nay, I don't know whether I should get....chicken tenders or just be the cliche and get popcorn and a drink," I say looking at the menu.

"Well, my mother only gave me fifteen dollars so at least you have choices," Khayla remarks.

Khayla is a friend I made back in middle school who is now within my inner circle at Heigthvillage. She knows everything there is to know about Nahel and she knows a lot about me as well.

"My mom gave me twenty I guess she was feeling extra generous today," I laughed.

I finally told the waitress, "I'll have popcorn with a large Coca Cola , and whatever the girl on the end of the row would like."

"Nii, you don't have to do that. I'll just spend my little money and get a kids popcorn...," begged Khayla. But of course I refused.

"You can just pay for Starbucks once we leave here."

"I'm glad you guys actually decided to invite me somewhere today," says Eyanna while side-eyeing me and Nay.

"We always invite you places Eyanna, I don't know why you think we don't," snaps Nayeemah.

"Actions speak louder than words and sorry but you and Nii have just been extra shady lately," Eyanna pouts.

"I don't wanna hear it Eyanna, you're here now just leave it alone," I say. "The movie is starting."

"I don't care about the movie Nii!! I care about my two best friends treating me like I don't matter."

"So, are you gonna lower your voice and shut up or no?" asks Khayla.

I turned in my seat to face Khayla immediately. It was unlike her to snap at Eyanna like that....and furthermore, she's never interrupted one of our arguments.

"Um, who exactly do you think you're talking to Khayla," yells Eyanna after realizing that she has just been challenged.

"Please don't start," I say.

"No tell your friend that your BEST FRIEND was not talking to her."

"Eyanna.....please just cut it out! Everything doesn't have to be an argument," I say loudly.

"All I'm saying is, my mom doesn't let me out of the house a lot okay. So, the times that I am out of the house I'd like to not have my time wasted," says Khayla on the verge of tears.

"Next time just shut up and mind your business then because I wasn't talking to you," snaps Eyanna.

"What the hell is wrong with you Eyanna? First you snap on me about picking the wrong time, and now you're starting with Khayla," spits Nayeemah.

"Oh so I guess you're just gonna take her side?"

"You know what I'm out, I can't listen to this shit anymore," I say, leaving my seat.

"No you stay, I'll leave since I'm the problem," Eyanna says.

"Nobody has to leave! Geez! Can we just all have a good movie day and chill?" Nay asks quizzically.