Hospital Visit

{ Carries POV } { present day }

" We are landing " the medic said " You can follow us into the hospital but please stay behind a little , the doctors may try and ask you questions and if you can't remember say that you can't , we need the information as accurate as possible " he said . " Okay " Mike and I said in unison as we got off the helicopter . A man stopped Mike and I as soon as we got in the door . " Are you her parents " he asked . " No but were all she has right now " Mike said . " Okay come speak with us " he says taking off down a hall to the right . We followed him . He asked standard questions like how much of her name do you know , how long have you known her , do you know her parents etc.... and we answered all of what we could . At the end I finally looked up . " Can we see Alyson now " I asked squeezing Mikes hand . " You can see her tomorrow when she is stable " He says . " Were getting a hotel " I say to Mike and get up and walk out . Mike follows .

{ later at the hotel } { still Carries POV }

We walked up to the desk and a man looked up . " You're Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher " he said . " Yeah that's right um can we have a room " I say . Still looking astonished he hands Mike the keys and says " of course we have one on the third floor for 78 $ a night and there is a free continental breakfast , how long will your stay be " he asks . " Were not sure but we will tell you a day in advance before we check out " Mike says . I grab the keys and walk to the elevator while Mike pays . He soon catches up . We get in the elevator . He leans up against the wall and I do the same for the opposite wall . " We don't have any cloths " I say . Mike looks at me . " Before the hospital tomorrow we'll go shopping " he says after a minute . I normally would have been ecstatic but not tonight . We get to the room . It was really elegant . I take off my heels, shoes, and jeans and get in bed . Mike does the same . I cuddle into his chest and the rise and fall of his muscular chest is the only thing that can sooth me . He starts to play with my hair and we just lay in the darkness for a while . I roll over thinking Mikes asleep but I realize he isn't when he starts to rub my back . " Mike " I say in almost a whisper . " Yeah babe " he says going lower on my back . " Do you think Alyson will be okay " I asked . He scooted towards me keeping one hand on my back still rubbing and the other rapping around me . " Yes I do " He said . I turned over so we were face to face . I kissed him . He was perfect .

-

Authors notes

thanks for all the positive feedback ! ILYSM 💕 tell me what you think of the chapter in the comments below ~ Haylee 🌸