Chapter Six

Darkness surrounded my small figure, crawled up in the center of it all, distant voices like a faint whisper to my ears.

"_____, I told you that you could never escape. I will always find you," spoke the Devil in the form of my father.

His old sailor outfit was still fresh, the navy blue pants separated from the loose white button down shirt by a thick red ribbon belt, tied together at the side. His shaggy black hair was ear-length as always and blue eyes showed mischief and sick humor-- his long war sword in hand, the blade producing a glare from the brightness, which he brought as his body appeared before mine, standing tall and dominant as ever. "Maybe I should just kill you now. What do you think?"

I was about to respond when I discovered that he wasn't asking me. There was someone else here.

"Would save us all a bunch of trouble," the words came from a tall boy, his brown red-laced boots sit at my eye level, cutting off his baggy brown cotton pants, his loose green top nearly visible from my position.

Pan.

"She's weak, vulnerable. She is on her knees. Take advantage of that, Prince Eric. Kill her now or I will," the boy encouraged.

I tried to move my legs, tried to run away, driven by fear and angst just as before, but I couldn't. It felt as if there was some sort of force keeping my limbs still.

"No," a sudden shriek of panic filled my ears. "You can't kill her! I won't let you," Baelfire's figure was advancing quickly, but not quickly enough.

With a loud thud, a small wooden cage of bamboo fell out of the atmosphere, encasing Baelfire in his tracks.

"Enough," my satanic paternal figure yelled, silencing each of us, with the exception of my soft whimpers.

"Let's play," Pan's words echos just like previously.

Before I could protest, the smooth blade of the sword sliced the skin across my stomach. Thick, red liquid oozed down my waist, forcing my vision to blur and body to crash against the hard grass that appeared out of thin air to catch my fall.

"Ha! Ha! Ha," Pan mocked. "Look how worthless she is," he told my father. "Just like your sister before I killed her. At least she thought I loved her," he emphasized that word as if it was a disgrace, like a joke. "What an interesting game, that was. You're just surrendering like the pathetic little girl you are!"

"_____, don't listen to them! You're beautiful the way you are, not weak," Baelfire reassured me; although, my doubt was still high.

"You really think he cares for you, _____?" Pan spoke my name so very harshly. "He just thinks you're pretty. None of us have seen a girl in years. What he thinks is love is merely lust and infatuation!"