Chapter 23

Rose
Nevaeh is getting big. I'm much better and she's much older. We finally get to go home. We been in here for what seems like forever. Believe it or not August was back to his usual self. The lying, the cheating. Ugh I'm starting to not give a fuck now. He still doesn't want to hold Nevaeh. Why? I don't know. Neither do I care anymore. I got dressed and fixed my hair. I got my baby ready and brushed her hair and we was now waiting on my friend. He's been my friend since high school. But lost touch when he moved. He heard about me being in the hospital and came home to see about me. He's so sweet. But I'm married to August so that's not going to happen with us ever. Being brought back to reality there was a knock at the door. It opened and my friend walked in. I damn near jumped in his arms. Trevor was a light skin man that stood about 6'6 tall. He was a street nicca but dressed well. Believe me when I say he sexy. He helped me with the bags and I grabbed the baby. We got to the desk and checked out. Everyone was sad to see me leave. They had fallen in love with Nevaeh. They bought her clothes, shoes, toys, strollers, dampers. Anything you can think of. We said our goodbyes and left. I was looking out the window and Trevor was being him. But I guess the silence was too much for him.
-convo-
Trevor: Can I ask you a question?
Rose: Shoot.
Trevor: What do you see in that nicca? All he does is cheats and lie to you.
Rose: In case you missed it, he's the father of three of my children.
Trevor: That doesn't give him the right to cheat and lie to you like that.
Rose: Okay and what? You're a better option?
Trevor: *chuckles* I don't cheat. And I don't lie.
Rose: Can we change the subject?
Trevor: No. You asked a question so let me finish.
Rose: iight. Finish.
Trevor: When I left I had to. Only because I had to protect my family. You know I ran these streets hard everyday. People was out for us and I needed to get my family away.
Rose: Trevor I understand that but come on.
Trevor: I thought you would wait for me Rose. I loved you. I thought that maybe this would be my family. Not some nicca that runs games on you. Have you out here guessing do he loves you or is he cheating on you.
Rose: I did wait you you. As long as I could. I met him and things was so much better at first. Trevor you left me all on my own. You was the only real friend I had. Other than Brittany. You left me I didn't leave you.
Trevor: Okay Rose I get that. I'm back now. Is that all that matters?
Rose: No. Its not all that matter. I fucking loved you and you couldn't see that. You could have took me with you. Then maybe just maybe you would have this family.
Trevor: iight. I deserve that much.
-ends-
With that we pulled up to the house. We was both bothered by the fact that we had argued all the way to my house. But neither of us was going to apologize. We are stubborn. He helped me with the bags and get us settled in the house. The children was at school so it was just me, Nevaeh and Trevor. He even helped me unpack. I went to the kitchen and he was playing with the baby. I felt so bad fussing with him. But it's like our emotions got in the way and we started expressing ourselves. I started cooking and that's when August walked in the house. I could smell weed and alcohol all over him. That's when I know he's going to be full of shit. He spoke to Trevor and came to the kitchen with me. He never hit me but like my mom use to tell me it just might be a first time for everything. He walked up to me and kissed my neck. Then the bullshit came.
-convo-
August: Who's that nicca holding my baby?
Rose: My friend.
August: Your friend huh? You fucking that nicca?
Rose: No. I'm not like you.
August: *chuckles* I can spell him on you. I ain't stupid.
Rose: No see what you spell is that damn alcohol and weed you been smoking and drinking.
August: *grabs her arm* Girl don't play with me! I'll kill your ass!
Rose: Let go of my arm! You're hurting me!
August: Na see this is hurting you *punches her* You like that shit! Huh?! *punches her again* go clean yourself up! And fix me something I can eat!
-ends-
He walked out and I just sat there crying. I cried so hard that I thought I was going to pass out. Trevor had left right before this happened so I was alone with my baby. I didn't know what to do. I went to the bathroom and cleaned myself up and finished cooking. Nevaeh was sleep through the whole thing and she still is. I think my life is finna just get worse.