Chapter 1

Asia's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ran out of my mom's house heading straight for my car.  I could not be late today! The Dean was going to assign dorms and If I wasn't there early I'd get a bad one.  Well maybe not, that's what happens to normal students but I'm not a normal one. 

You see everyone at school is afraid of me they think I'm some kind of witch who will cast a spell on anyone who bothers her.  It's stupid and really strains my social life but it has it's benefits. It started last year when I was a freshman I got in a fight with one of the schools queen bees and I had yelled "I hope you die".  The next day she didn't show up to school and the police told us she'd died in a car accident.  I lost all my friends that I had made and finished my first year of college as a loner.

Finally my old clunker car pulled up to the school and I clambered out checking the watch on my wrist. When I saw that I was 10:01 I cursed and grabbing my bag ran to the cafeteria.  Fortunately with the last name Young my name is always towards the end of the list.  The Dean was on 't' When I arrived and I sighed in relief.

"Thank goodness" I said to myself and sat down.  The girls already at the table shrunk away from probably praying that I wouldn't be their roommate.        

I scoffed and wished once again that my mom lived closer to the college and that I could stay there with my sisters.  It seemed that they would be my only friends for another year.  I knew that becoming friends with freshman (which had been my plan) was hopeless.   They were already pointing at me and whispering.  I knew that it wasn't the old whispers my blue and blonde hair had always attracted this was about me being a witch.

I turned to face the closest one who I had heard ask her friend about a broom and I glared at her.  She flinched away and I opened my mouth to say something but I was cut off by the dean.

His sharp voice rang across the room "Asia Young: dorm 124."  The whole cafeteria fell silent when they heard my name save for a few snickers.

I got up and grabbed my bag before stalking off to my new room.  I got there and saw that it was empty with no sign of anyone else and I realized that I wouldn't have a roommate this year. Somebody, most likely the principle, thought that I couldn't get along with other girls no doubt. That also explained why I was at the end of the girls section on the second floor.  Both the girl's and the boy's sections had a glass hall way at the end of both floors that connected to the library .   I was happy to be near the library because that was where I went to hide from the bullies from last year.   

I hated this school but I needed to finish up college to get a major. Once I had that I would move to New York and get a job with my uncle's video game industry. I was an artist and he told that once I was qualified he'd hire me to help design the graphics.         

After I had put everything in my over night bag away I picked up my phone and dialed my sister America's number.  The phone rang a couple times before she picked it but she did.

"Hello!"  She said her tone as cheerful as ever. 

"Hi" I said as I swept a strand of blue hair out of my eyes.

"It's started again hasn't it?" She asked.

"How'd you know?" I groaned as I stared out my window at the swirling leaves falling from the oak tree outside my room.

"I can always tell from your tone," She stated. "You'd be a horrible actress. I mean i can tell over the phone when your faking, you can do better then that."

I grimaced and not wanting to remind her that it was only over the phone that she cold tell said "Your right."  It was obvious that she didn't remember me lieing to her and mom when I went to all those parties, got my hair dyed, or when I got my first tattoo.