Chapter 3

Asia's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was Monday the day that classes first started and I was excited to finally get this year on a roll. Was being the key word there because the moment I stepped out of my door to go to class I ran into the assistant principle.

Flustered she waved her hand and had a fearful look on her face.  I almost scoffed at the fact that someone of her position and age still was scared of me but I held it in. After a moment of my glaring at her she came to her senses and began to speak.

"Mrs. Young," She began the cleared her throat nervously.  "Dean Kirgiz would like to see you in his office now, or at least before you go to any classes."

I nodded and she tottered down the hall as fast as her heels and dignity would allow her to. I glared at her as she fled offended about the meeting they would force me to have.  I already knew what it was about after all the dean had talked with me last year after this all started.

I stalked down the hall glaring at everyone I passed and causing them to run away with what they thought was good reason.            

Once I reached the Dean Kirgiz's office I threw the door open not caring enough to even knock.  There was a man I the office but when he caught sight of my angry posture he stood up and gathered his belongings. 

"We will continue this later."  The man said and began to walk out.  When he reached me in the door frame he stopped and held out a hand. "Todd Taylor," He introduced himself.

I shook his hand and gave him my name then shut the door behind him. Next I turned towards the Dean and spat, "You wanted to see me."

"Yes," He said clearing his throat. "I've already gotten complaints about your attitude towards other students and It's time for your warning.  You are not to disturb the other students studies or person lives.  I do not want to hear any more reports of you bullying students or casting spells on them."

For my that was the last straw. I slammed my hand down on the table and yelled, "Casting spells on them! You dumbass I'm the one getting bullied here like being called a witch. I wasn't a witch before I came here! Maybe I should study witch craft so I know a spell to shut idiots like you up!"

With that I turned on my heel and whirled out of the office. I was embarrassed to see Todd Taylor still there and from the expression on his face he had heard everything.    

"So witchcraft huh?" He asked me with a gentle tone.

I nodded miserably and he told me, "If you search hard enough you'll find some friends who don't believe in that."

When he mentioned that I thought back to the man I had met yesterday who didn't seem to believe that I was a witch. I waved by to Todd still thinking about the new kid.  What had his name been? Drew.... Drew something.

Later after three classes I headed to Art my last class before lunch.  I was excited because this was the class I'd been waiting on all day.  When I arrived I was greeted by Mrs. Steward the only teacher here who liked me and didn't believe in witches.  She was also the same teacher I'd had last year so one less thing to have to adjust to.

I was seated in the back row which was completely empty because all the other student did there best to sit far, far away.   I set to work on my first art assignment, to draw what we drew best so she knew our skill level.

While I gently sketch out my mother's face I let my thoughts wander.   I was sketching my mom's eye when I remembered Drew's last name. Taylor, The older man who I'd talked to must have been his father or uncle or something.  Did he mean that I could make a friend out of Taylor?