Chapter one

Dreadful aching pain was all Victoria felt, staring at the lifeless mirror with no sense of direction. Her pain came in waves of hot burning fire, moving throughout her lifeless body and sinking into her very soul. She clutched the bathroom sink for dear life, hoping the pain would go away, and it did. The pain numbed itself and slowly, Victoria stood up both hands still on the sink. She stared at herself in the mirror and flinched, but there was no surprise for the way she looked.

Her skin was pale with dark bags under her eyes from endless nights of sleep, emotionless eyes stared back at her from the mirror, and she couldn’t stop feeling like an empty bottomless pit. Victoria didn’t like feeling weak, she was meant to be a strong queen, and lead an example to her Kingdom, but right now she felt none of those things. And with her state she was in, Victoria wasn’t fit to lead. Andrew had to rule while taking her jobs too, she felt like she needed to do something, but right now she couldn’t.

Victoria tried so many times to do her part as queen, but her over-protective husband wouldn’t hear it, he told her to rest. But what he didn’t understand was that she couldn’t rest. The only thing that she felt at times was pain, but this hurt she was feeling also came from Colton.

Ever since his soul was ripped out from him, the pain began for Victoria, and she wasn’t the only one either. Andrew felt it but he hid his pain, he thought it was weakness. The royal bond made them feel like this, and right now it felt like a curse. Grapping the brush slowly from the bench, she slowly raised it and started to brush her brown hair with deep fair strokes.  It took everything to stay upright, with one hand leaning on the bench for extra support. With a shaking hand she kept brushing her hair, until excruciating pain hit erupted in her chest; making her bend forward and gasp.

The golden glass brush that was once in her hand fell to the ground slowly, it dropped and fragments of glass flew everywhere.  Victoria could hear the glass shatter and her screams of pain. She held the sink with one hand while the other was held against her chest. Another round of pain burst in her heart, and her scream ran throughout the Kingdom where the vampires could hear her pain. Weak and shaking, Victoria fell to the ground sobbing, wishing that this pain would leave her. She felt dizzy and saw blackness at the edge of her vision.

This was not the first time Victoria experienced this breakdown, along with the pain. There was only so much that people could take, even vampires. With a sob she wiped her tears and shakily got up, with a hand leaning against the wall for extra support, and the other hand resting on the sink she used her vampire strength to get up; moaning in pain. She stood there until she could use her own two feet. Victoria may be weak but she wasn’t that weak to let herself stay on the ground and sob, she never used it as an excuse.

Victoria looked up into the lifeless mirror, and once again stared at her reflection. A burst of pain hit her; two tears ran down her pale face, causing more tears to flow.

“No,” Victoria whispered, sorrow lacing her voice.

She lifted her hands and rubbed more tears away, feeling every wet patch that the tears left behind. Victoria took the time to see the dark bags under her eyes, but there were no wrinkles, a gift of being a vampire. She has hollow cheeks due to the lack of feeding; her eyes used to sparkle but once again Victoria noted the lifeless in them, and the worst part of all is that she didn’t recognise herself.

With a shake of her head and an annoyed sigh of frustration, Victoria got up and stood tall, there was one thing she did know, was that the person staring in the mirror at her was not Victoria, at all. This thing was a weak creature full of pain and sadness. Victoria was a strong queen for goodness sakes! She was meant to live through the pain and set an example for her people, she was a vampire ruler! And she would rule beside her husband, not be a coward! But most of all she was a mother and wife, this was who she was.

Deciding that it wouldn’t be better to dwell over spilt milk, she wiped her tears and walked out of the bathroom and entered her bedroom. Walking over to her bedside table, she shakily drew open the draw, sitting right there was a black box with golden edges on the borders of it, and on top of it sat a card with red writing it said:

Abigail’s Psychic readings

Victoria grabbed the card and held it tightly, moving backwards until her legs hit the bed, she lifted the card and read it over and over again. Suddenly a feeling of hope filled her heart, and right then Victoria knew what she had to do. Victoria looked at the card one last time, she turned her head to the window and knew she has to leave when the sun came down and night took its turn.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hey Guys!

SO finally updated chapter one of soulless! sorry if this wasn't a long chapter, but its a very important one. A big clue was announced which you guys will find out later in the story!! but keep your mind open!!

so thanks for voting and reading my story it really makes me happy to know people are liking my story!!

so hope you enjoyed reading this chapter and don't forget to

vote

comment

or fan!!

cookieangel11 is out!!