Starting a new journey

-----
Normal POV:
-----

10 years later....

-----
Ash's POV:
-----

I flipped the pancake, causing the pancake to fly into the air, and land back onto the skillet.

"Hey, dad! I'm ready for my journey now!" My son, Tyler exclaimed as he ran down the stairs with his backpack on his backpack.

His backpack was my Unova backpack, he wore a red T-shirt, and dark grey cargo jeans, he also wore my Sinnoh hat. He was a big fan of that hay, so I allowed him to wear it along with my Unova jacket.

"Alright. Tyler, do you want breakfast?" I asked him as my beautiful wife, Serena continued to watch the news with a coffee cup in her hand.
"What's for breakfast?" My daughter, Julia asks as she rushes downstairs, not because of the word breakfast, but because she just likes to run down any set of stairs.

"Pancakes and bacon." I tell both of them as I slap some pancakes on a plate, then hand it over to Tyler, and I did the same thing again, and gave it to Julia.
I grabbed some bacon in my hand, and set it on they're plates.

They then began to eat.

I smiled.

Serena then got off the couch, and went over to me.

"Hey, babe." She greets as she wraps her free hand around me.

"Hey, love." I greet her also as I plant a kiss on her forehead.

Years ago, Serena and I were both 5 feet seven, and Serena is now five feet nine, and I'm six foot two. But, we're done growing now.
On the other hand, Tyler looks like a 16 year old because he is five feet two, and Julia is five foot one. Sad thing is, Julia is always complaining that she isn't taller than him when she is older by five minutes from Tyler being born. And we always tell her, 'well then pray to Arceus that you get taller'.

Once Tyler was finished scarfing down his food, he put his backpack on, then fist pumped "On my journey, I'll become Kalos champion! Just you see, dad! I'll beat you no matter what!"
"Good luck, kiddo." I tell him as he smiles towards me.

So, apparently I didn't quit on being champion, and after my ten years of reigning over Kalos, no one beat my team yet. Sure, they wiped out all my other five Pokémon, but they never got past my Greninja and its strength. I tested Tyler's power before, and his strength was like a Jr. Elite four.

"So which starter are you going to choose?" Serena asked Julia.
"I think I might go for a Chespin?" Julia poked at her pancake, and stabbed at it.
"You know, you're uncle Clemont had a Chespin, but recently it evolved into a Chestnaught after being a Quilladin." Serena said.
"Really? Cool! I think I might go for a Froakie like dad!" Tyler butted in.

Once Julia was done with hers, she was all set and ready to go as she grabbed her mother's backpack that she wore after her failure from her first showcase. Fun fact about it, it resembles a heal ball.

                 ↓Julia↓

Thwy both then raced out the door in a hurry

We were in Coumarine City, and they and to get they're starters over at Lumiose. So I drove them there with Serena in passenger side.

As Tyler and Julia rushed into the professors lab, the professor emerged from the top of the stairs.

"Ah, Ash, Serena! Haven't seen you two in quite a while! Who might these two be?" Professor sycamore greeted.

"These are our children. Tyler and Julia." Serena informed the professor.

"Ah, so you became a father, Ash? Good for you! So what brings you here today?" Professor sycamore congratulated.
"We're here for our starter Pokémon! Can we see them?" Tyler and Julia exclaimed at the same time.

"Of course! Right this way!" Professor Sycamore then led them up the blue carpeted stairs up to a room with three Pokémon in it.

"Chespin, the grass type! Fennekin the fire type! And Froakie, the water type!" The professor stated.

The two had no problem on picking which one to choose, Tyler immediately said "I'll take Froakie!" Tyler picked up the little bubble frog Pokémon, and Froakie bounced on Tyler's head in joy.
"Froak, Froakie!" The bubble frog Pokémon cheered.

"I'll take Chespin, please." Julia said politely.
"Of course!" The professor allowed Julia to take Chespin as Chespin suprisingly leaped on Julia's shoulder, and sat there.
"Che! Chespin!" The spiny nut Pokémon cheered also.

"Here's they're Pokéballs." The professor each handed them a Pokéball that belonged to they're newly gotten Pokéball, and also handed them five more Pokéballs.
"Huh? What do we do with these?" Julia asks.
"The one I just handed you, is Chespins Pokéball, and the other five are for catching new ones to accompany you on you're journey!"

Then, four other ten year olds came rushing up the stairs.

Two of them were completely out of breath, and the other two were perfectly fine.

"Sorry.... Sorry we're late, pro-professor..." The first person breathed while the other three were in total shock that the Kalos Queen and Kalos champion are here.

"Oh my gosh! You must be the Ash Ketchum! Can we get an autograph!?" They all asked me and Serena.

Once one of them chose a starter, and the other three chose a Kanto starter, Serena and I signed they're respective Pokéballs.

The four kids then chose to go with Tyler and Julia.

Two with Julia, and two with Tyler.

The kids names were Katherine, Joseph, Molly and Alexander.

Molly and Alexander went with Julia, and Katherine and Joseph went with Tyler.

Before the two left, Tyler said his goodbye "Bye dad! I'll see you at the league?"
"Definitely, for sure! But don't expect me to go easy on you."
"Don't worry, Neither will I!"

"Mom? I'll be competing against you in the master class showcase right?" Julia asked with Litleo eyes.

"Of course I will! Just like what you're father said, I'm not gonna go easy on it."
"Neither will I!" Julia fist pumped.

"You two should get going. You have gyms to challenge!" I fist pumped also.

"We will!" They both said as they hugged us, and ran out, towards Santalune city.

Upon them leaving, I saw Serena tear up.
I caressed her honey blonde hair to try and calm her down as she began to weep silently in my shoulder.

Unlike any type of tears, these were a mix of happy tears, and sad tears. Pretty much bittersweet tears.

I then pat her back.

Later on after Serena was done weeping for almost an hour, we arrived home.

------
Normal POV:
------
Months later at the league....

"And now! We have the battle that decides all! Wether the kalos champion will fall, or if he will continue his reign!" The announcer announced.
"We have Ash Ketchum!"

The crowd then roared to life like a never ending Tsunami.

"And.... Um.... Tyler Ketchum....?!"