Meeting

Mitch POV

When I heard Esther say that we needed to talk about mine and Scott's relationship, my heart dropped.

Were we in trouble?

"Ok, so talk" Scott said confidently.

How could he not be nervous right now?

I started playing with the sleeves of my sweater, and Scott slapped my hands.

"Mitchie stop it. You don't have to be nervous, baby" he said.

"Whatever" I mumbled.

"Don't use that attitude with me" he said.

I ignored him and got up to sit on the floor near Kirstie's feet instead.

Scott looked at me with a hurt look on his face, but I turned my attention to Esther.

"This is exactly what I mean! We can't have you two fighting while on tour! When we get back from tour in 5 or 6 weeks, we want good reviews on the tour! Not, 'Oh those two guys Mitch and Scott were so awkward and fighting all the time. They are gonna break Pentatonix up.' Guys, we can't afford to have you date and risk the chance of you two never talking again if you break up" she said angrily.

It then hit me that nobody had told Esther about my cancer.

There was an awkward silence and I saw Avi and Kevin glance at each other nervously.

"Guys?" she asked.

"Mitch won't be going on tour" Scott said blankly.

She looked shocked.

"What? Mitch why?" she yelled.

"Um..." I hesitated.

"He has stage 4 cancer!" Kirstie blurted out.

Then she burst into tears.

Avi picked her up and took her out of the room.

Esther looked on the verge of tears too.

"Mitchie.. Im so sorry.."

Scott looked emotionless and I could hear Kevin's breath become shaky.

"It's ok Esther. I'll be fi-"

Before I could finish I felt like throwing up, so I quickly got up and ran to the nearest bathroom.

I could here Scott running after me and gasped when he saw me leaning over the toilet puking my guts out.

I felt the tears slide down my cheeks and I quickly wiped them, not wanting to be known as 'The Weak Boy.'

Again.

"Oh, baby. Don't cry" he said.

That made me cry harder.

I flushed the toilet and sat back on the cold floor sobbing in Scott's arms.

"Mitchie, please stop crying. I love you, ok? Please, it hurts me to see you cry."

My heart almost stopped.

Scott Hoying had just confessed his love to me.